Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Hey guys. I was at a gulls and heat game this past Saturday and I was really impressed with Andersson. What do you guys think of him and what he projects as?
He looks like he's going to be a top 4 D man really the only thing I think he needs to improve is his skating.

He's a super smart player but I don't think he'll be a huge point producer he's a good puck mover and shoots a lot so 30 points range is kind of where I project his prime could be higher or lower though.

He'd probably have made the team this year had we not re-signed Stone because after a shaky prospect tournament he was great in the pre-sason.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah I thought there was something missing from his game but I couldn't put my finger on it. He isn't too shabby at skating either. He seemed really inaccurate with his shot too but it definitely wasn't soft. His puck control seems very good

Reactions: Dack

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Hey guys. I was at a gulls and heat game this past Saturday and I was really impressed with Andersson. What do you guys think of him and what he projects as?

I consider him our top prospect and think there's a better than 50% chance he ends up as a top 3 defenseman. Almost no doubt he becomes at least a #4. Could've made the team this year if we weren't already playing a rookie on the bottom pairing.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

I think he's a very complete and NHL-ready prospect. There's very little doubt he has everything it takes to be a steady top four D, likely topping out as an effective #3 type guy in that prime Jason Garrison tier. His skating is fine once he gets his first stride or two going, but he could stand to work on that first stride acceleration to better dodge checks behind his net and avoid turnovers at NHL speed. He's still only 21, so he's not close to a finished product as the Flames are probably the slowest-cook team in the entire league when it comes to getting prospects into the major leagues.

All that said, I have him behind Tyler Parsons, Oliver Kylington, and Adam Fox among our prospect group, and closer to that next tier of Juuso Valimaki, Dillon Dube, and Matthew Phillips. The three guys at the top are gamebreaker talents if they fully pan out; I don't think Andersson will be that kind of player but he'll still be a solid NHLer which is always a win.

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think Rasmus will be a stud. Watching him in Barrie, his poise is off the charts. Not sure I’ve ever seen a Flames prospect display that much calmness with the puck in his draft + 1 season.

I’ve always felt that the best players have this innate ability to slow the game down. While you need speed and skill in your lineup, ie Ferland Kulak. The best players have elite hockey IQ ie Giordano, Monahan, Gaudreau, Brodie when he’s on his game. They can just everything down and are never in a rush to make a play if it isn’t there.

I never like to put ceilings on players and the one guy he always reminded me of was Sergei Zubov.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Andersson plays like Doughty. I also think his skating is fine. But he’s not as good as Doughty offensively or defensively, but that’s the kind of style he plays, so definitely a poor mans. I think he’s probably a 30-35 pt dman in the NHL. Not an overly physical guy, but uses his IQ to succeed at both ends of the ice. A really nice prospect.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Andersson plays like Doughty. I also think his skating is fine. But he’s not as good as Doughty offensively or defensively, but that’s the kind of style he plays, so definitely a poor mans. I think he’s probably a 30-35 pt dman in the NHL. Not an overly physical guy, but uses his IQ to succeed at both ends of the ice. A really nice prospect.

He reminded me of a poor man's doughty to me too

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I think he's a very complete and NHL-ready prospect. There's very little doubt he has everything it takes to be a steady top four D, likely topping out as an effective #3 type guy in that prime Jason Garrison tier. His skating is fine once he gets his first stride or two going, but he could stand to work on that first stride acceleration to better dodge checks behind his net and avoid turnovers at NHL speed. He's still only 21, so he's not close to a finished product as the Flames are probably the slowest-cook team in the entire league when it comes to getting prospects into the major leagues.

All that said, I have him behind Tyler Parsons, Oliver Kylington, and Adam Fox among our prospect group, and closer to that next tier of Juuso Valimaki, Dillon Dube, and Matthew Phillips. The three guys at the top are gamebreaker talents if they fully pan out; I don't think Andersson will be that kind of player but he'll still be a solid NHLer which is always a win.

honestly he looked 10 times better then Kylington and I like Kylington

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I think Rasmus will be a stud. Watching him in Barrie, his poise is off the charts. Not sure I’ve ever seen a Flames prospect display that much calmness with the puck in his draft + 1 season.

I’ve always felt that the best players have this innate ability to slow the game down. While you need speed and skill in your lineup, ie Ferland Kulak. The best players have elite hockey IQ ie Giordano, Monahan, Gaudreau, Brodie when he’s on his game. They can just everything down and are never in a rush to make a play if it isn’t there.

I never like to put ceilings on players and the one guy he always reminded me of was Sergei Zubov.

thanks for the input!

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Dillon Dube was named captain of the Canadian world junior team today. He along with Juuso Valimaki are both captains for their respective countries and Adam Fox also joins them in wearing a letter as he will have an "A" on his jersey.

Reactions: Cyrano

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I was actually caught by surprise Doobie was named captain. Well spoken kid though from his interview.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sam Cosentino basically said that Ruzicka, Dube and Fox are all top prospects and thinks they will all play in the NHL. Ruzicka I’m the most unsure about, but it’s exciting to hear comments like that from guys that know what they’re talking about.

He said Dube and Fox are top prospects in the NHL.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
That was a great goal. He’s got great potential for sure.

I think Ruzicka’s point totals may be a tad misleading as he spent most of the year with Jordan Kyrou who is insanely good.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
That was a great goal. He’s got great potential for sure.

I think Ruzicka’s point totals may be a tad misleading as he spent most of the year with Jordan Kyrou who is insanely good.

He plays on a different line at 5v5 but I think they're on the same PP unit

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
At the start of the year they were on the same line from what I’ve read. His drop in production has come when he got switched off that line. So it’s a tad concerning. But big guys always take longer anyway.

Negative. He hasn't played on Kyrou's line all season 5v5.

He plays on the 1st PP unit with Kyrou though, which is where about half of his production has come from.

Nice to see his production, but he's dropped off a ton lately (which was somewhat expected) and his 5v5 production isn't all that spectacular.

He's definitely a super intriguing prospect though who can dominate a game when he's on but unlike the start of the season when it was reported he was giving it his all every game (and dominating), I've read many places that he's looked disinterested lately.

Interesting player with intriguing potential if he commits to the game night in and night out

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Got out of work today so I'm gonna watch Canada-Slovakia and will post updates on Dube and Ruzicka.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Dube on the ice for the first Canada goal, looks like he touched the puck but my stream is choppy so it's hard to tell.

EDIT: Dube not credited with an assist on the goal, must've bounced off the skate of the guy covering him.

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Post-first period, Dube looking as impressive as he always does. Got to see a bit of him on the PP near the end of the period, guy finds the open lanes very well. Ruzicka is better defensively than I expected but it's tough to get a good look at him offensively since Slovakia was pinned in their own zone most of the period.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Kyrou hammers home a PP goal after walking Slovakia's defense, Dube should get the second assist.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Dube on the ice for another Canada PPG, but didn't pick up an assist.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Second period summary: mostly more of the same. Briefly saw some of Ruzicka on the Slovakian PP, but he didn't do much, outside of that was mostly invisible. Dube was on Canada's first PK unit and immediately broke out and was down ice for a shorthanded chance. Straight up don't think I've ever seen Dube lose a puck battle along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00