Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Yeah, I have to agree; odds are that Klimchuk will be waived next September/October, much like Poirier and Shinkaruk were this season.

While they're are a handful of spots opening up with Stajan, Jagr, Versteeg and possibily F.Hamilton moving on, it's also a good bet Treliving signs a free agent forward or two. Plus, there's a fair bit of competition in Mangiapane, Poirier, Dube, Foo, Lomberg, Gawdin, etc.

Unless Klimchuk gets some serious NHL time this season and impresses, it's a relatively safe bet he'd clear waivers too.

Reactions: Cyrano

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Too bad about Klimmer. I used to have pretty high hopes for him but he legitimately never looks better training camp after training camp.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Yeah, I have to agree; odds are that Klimchuk will be waived next September/October, much like Poirier and Shinkaruk were this season.

While they're are a handful of spots opening up with Stajan, Jagr, Versteeg and possibily F.Hamilton moving on, it's also a good bet Treliving signs a free agent forward or two. Plus, there's a fair bit of competition in Mangiapane, Poirier, Dube, Foo, Lomberg, Gawdin, etc.

Unless Klimchuk gets some serious NHL time this season and impresses, it's a relatively safe bet he'd clear waivers too.
While I agree that Klimchuk is likely to be placed on waivers in the fall, I disagree on his competition.

• Poirier is likely done with the organization after this season. He simply hasn't been impressive at all and hasn't been able to take a larger role and we're almost 1/3 of the way into the season. You can also throw Shinkaruk into this as well, even though he wasn't named
  • Gawdin is looking good in the dub, but this is a guy that 6 months ago the Blues decided to let walk without a contract offer. He might be on pace to nearly double his career bests, he's also doing it as one of the oldest and most physically mature players in the league. Should he ever make the NHL, it is very likely he will need a year or two in the AHL first.
  • Lomberg has been extremely unimpressive this year. He had a good camp, but once the season started and games mattered, he's struggled.
  • Foo hasn't been impressive at all outside of his hatty the other night, hopefully that is a sign of things to come but thus far he's not showing he's close to ready.
  • Dube is a great prospect, but it is rare for a 2nd rounder to jump straight to the NHL after junior.
  • Mangiapane is indirect competition. Mangiapance will be in the running for a top 9 spot and Klimchuk in the running for a bottom 6 spot. If it comes down to choosing one for the 4th line, I think Klimmer gets the nod due to his PK acumen and how coachable he is. But if the spot is on the 3rd line, then I think Mangiapane has the advantage.

Honestly if comes to a 4th line role being available, I think Hrivik is the biggest competition that is currently in the organization and he IMO has shown he wants to earn a contract for next year.

Reactions: crackdown44

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Heat now first in the Pacific after beating Tucson

Fortunately Dylan Strome wasn't around to terrorize the baby Flames

Reactions: Flameshomer

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I wouldn't write guys like Klimchuk, Poirier or Shinkaruk off quite yet.
Look at teams like Detroit, Pittsburgh or Chicago. For the longest time, these guys (and currently) these guys patiently developed guys in the minors who'd be able to chip in at the NHL level.

All three guys have some scoring pedigree. Poirier's career was absolutely derailed; and after a slow start he's actually at 9 points in his last 10. Plus he's fast, can hit and is fairly smart.

Just a note. IF Mangi is competing with anyone; he's getting the nod. The guy's one of the best forwards in the AHL. Tremendous value pick for an over-ager 6th rounder.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I wouldn't write guys like Klimchuk, Poirier or Shinkaruk off quite yet.
Look at teams like Detroit, Pittsburgh or Chicago. For the longest time, these guys (and currently) these guys patiently developed guys in the minors who'd be able to chip in at the NHL level.

All three guys have some scoring pedigree. Poirier's career was absolutely derailed; and after a slow start he's actually at 9 points in his last 10. Plus he's fast, can hit and is fairly smart.

Just a note. IF Mangi is competing with anyone; he's getting the nod. The guy's one of the best forwards in the AHL. Tremendous value pick for an over-ager 6th rounder.

If not, it would be a Hrivik decision.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Ryan Lomberg left college and went back to the USHL at one point. Although that was more due to suspension, than being dropped from a program

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Mattson has recommitted to Michigan State per his personal Twitter and retweeted by the Flames account

Edit: link:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Ryan Lomberg left college and went back to the USHL at one point. Although that was more due to suspension, than being dropped from a program

My friend met Lomberg in Mexico and didn't believe Lmberg at first when Lomberg said he was a Flames prospect haha. He said Lomberg was easedropping their convo and came in and exclaimed "I'm a Flames prospect bro! I'm living the dream!"

Reactions: Cyrano

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys. I was at a gulls and heat game this past Saturday and I was really impressed with Andersson. What do you guys think of him and what he projects as?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->