2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don't know!

I figured he would stay with the STL affiliate since he's already established there, unless STL don't want him.

He has a contract with the Colorado Avalanche to coach their minor league affiliate. As long as that contract is valid and the Avs want to keep him, he'll be the coach of the Eagles next year. If the Avs wanted to make a change and the Blues wanted to keep him as the HC of the Rampage, he'd need a contract with their club.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
And it's a 4-2 loss to the Stars to end the Avspage Era. Or is it Ramalanche? Goals from A.J. Greer and Felix (not Sam) Girard.

In any event, take it away, St. Louis!

Maybe the Avs should have brought Meloche up instead of sending him to the ECHL lol.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They're probably not going to fair any better when Blues get the affiliation next year either. Not a lot of help in coming from them especially on who they get from Chicago, but Avs have to be better when it comes to minor league teams. Two years ago it was an injury nightmare, but there is no excuse for two organizations to put their best prospects/players together and somehow miss the playoffs.

I wonder if they consider a coaching change once again to give the Eagles a brand new clean slate. Not that Eric Veilleux is bad a coach or anything, but he simply hasn't gotten the results.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
They're probably not going to fair any better when Blues get the affiliation next year either. Not a lot of help in coming from them especially on who they get from Chicago, but Avs have to be better when it comes to minor league teams. Two years ago it was an injury nightmare, but there is no excuse for two organizations to put their best prospects/players together and somehow miss the playoffs.

I wonder if they consider a coaching change once again to give the Eagles a brand new clean slate. Not that Eric Veilleux is bad a coach or anything, but he simply hasn't gotten the results.

I know a couple people who will strongly disagree with you there.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
EV hasn't gotten them to play fun hockey, so I can understand where SAR fans dislike of him comes from. If you're not gunna be good, might as well score some goals and be fun to watch, ya know? The f*** do they care about Meloche's development?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Quite the challenge ahead. We know next year the AHL Eagles will have:

FORWARDS
Beaudin
Lewis
Nantel
Agozzino
Dickinson
Barron
Girard*

DEFENSE
Meloche
Timmins
Anderson
Geertsen*
Graves*
Graham*

GOALTENDERS
no-answer.gif

I believe (not sure though) that all the *'d players are ones who are up for new deals and are no longer waiver eligible. I could be totally wrong though.

I do not expect Rocco to return, and I expect A.J. to be on the Avs next season.

So...yes, there'll have to be some AHL vets signed. How they go about doing it, I don't know, but whatever they've been doing...yeah, probably not that.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO

FORWARDS
Beaudin
Lewis
Nantel
Agozzino
Dickinson
Barron
Girard*

DEFENSE
Meloche
Timmins
Anderson
Geertsen*
Graves*
Graham*

GOALTENDERS
no-answer.gif

I believe (not sure though) that all the *'d players are ones who are up for new deals and are no longer waiver eligible. I could be totally wrong though.

I do not expect Rocco to return, and I expect A.J. to be on the Avs next season.

So...yes, there'll have to be some AHL vets signed. How they go about doing it, I don't know, but whatever they've been doing...yeah, probably not that.

Wow, that's pretty thin.I could see Joly, St. Amant and Belzile in there. But definitely room for improvement.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Reid Petryk seems to be a favourite of the org. so I could see him being back pretty easily.

I think we will see guys like Toni and Greer start in the AHL as well, since it's unlikely they don't sign another Yak or Comeau type, and I can almost guarantee another depth pickup via waivers before the season opener.

Dunc and Lindholm could possibly start in the AHL as well.

What I really hope for are a couple of shrewd college or CHL overagers to fill some spots and bolster the prospect pool. They did a great job last off-season with Kerf, Toni and Lewis. I don't expect another Kerfoot level player but another Toninato and/or Lewis would be great.

I'd love to see another Everberg/Rendulic/Marty added as well but I doubt they go down that road again.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

FORWARDS
Beaudin
Lewis
Nantel
Agozzino
Dickinson
Barron
Girard*

DEFENSE
Meloche
Timmins
Anderson
Geertsen*
Graves*
Graham*

With Belzille, Petryk, St. Amant, Joly; whichever of Toninato / Kamenev / Greer don't start the year in the NHL; hopefully Smirnov n Shvyryov; and AHL signings; that could be a decent group of forwards until injuries hit. Not too much firepower unless Shvyry comes over and Kam starts the year with the Eagles; but a good chunk of guys that can do that hockey.

Reactions: Pokecheque

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I would not pencil any of our AHL guys to make the Avs, they are just not that good. Hopefully Dunc and Lindholm dont see much NHL action next season as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I would not pencil any of our AHL guys to make the Avs, they are just not that good. Hopefully Dunc and Lindholm dont see much NHL action next season as well.

Greer & Toninato looked good enough during their stints this year :dunno: Greer in particular, clearly showed a higher skill level than guys like Gork & Wilson, or even Nieto & Baldo.

And Kamenev should get there if he can stay healthy and get into proper shape. His skill level is already there, while proper conditioning and an offseason working on his skating should get his speed to a sufficient level.

They still have to earn it, but I think it's more likely than not that one of those three is in the lineup and a second is up with the big team to start the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad