Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM06 | Canucks defeat Predators | 1-0 (Suter) | SILOVS! SUTER! HEROES!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
f*** the refs for giving a random double minor. f*** them for also giving lindholm a random penalty. f*** then for 0 power play for us. They desperately wanted to even up the series.

The double minor I can understand. High stick motion after follow through, blood drawn, reasonable.

Lindholm penalty was total f***ing horseshit. If that was a penalty then there were at least 2 instances that we should've gotten power plays.

Refs can eat a steaming pile of shit. Bunch of spineless shills.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I hope we can resign Myers as well. He saved that series for us, if he resigns for cheaper.

Reactions: B-rock

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
That's the thing! Follow-throughs will not be counted as penalties!

I watched it a few times, Boeser's follow through was finished, but then it's the motion after the follow through action that resulted in the penalty. That could potentially be a judgement call, depending on the ref. But I have no real issue with the call the way it was, objectively speaking.

The Lindholm penalty was a classic example of the refs reaching their finger too far. But...you know, we won the game and the series, so f*** them.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
hopefully other guys step up. garland joshua hoglander he will be a pest for the oilers i have a feeling. speed game will work in his favor. lafftery. the depth guys and hopefully petterson will shine in round 2. nott worried about goaltending at all. just the powerplay needs to get it going or else the oilers will have a field day with their powerplay weapons.

Reactions: theguardianII

Nov 1, 2011
Yeah the Leafs/Bruins winner is already scheduled for Monday, and that isn't even over yet. Unless for some random reason they push Canucks/Oilers as the only game on Tuesday.

The Pearl Jam push.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

Just realized they play Blame Canada from South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut when we scored. Great choice, all though they should of gone with Kyle’s Mom Is A Bitch.

Reactions: Indiana

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Not to be a negative Nelly, but does anyone truly believe the way we played against Nashville this series is even half as good enough to beat Edmonton? If we don’t make some real big adjustments I’m extremely worried.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Not to be a negative Nelly, but does anyone truly believe the way we played against Nashville this series is even half as good enough to beat Edmonton? If we don’t make some real big adjustments I’m extremely worried.
Nashville and Edmonton are lightyears apart defensively. The Preds play a much much more structured game compared to Edmonton.

I really do not think you can take much from this series onto the next. IMO.

Also, the Preds were a top 5 team post the all-star break.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Happy we win had to take care of a blonde after win lol.
Refs ffs buttman owns your asses canucks played a solid game got the win bring on the coilers

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
What a series for Silovs. Really great story.

Like G5, they controlled the balance of chances and managed to create some higher quality ones. I said if they could repeat that performance they would take this game. Eventually, after getting robbed all night, Suter broke through and got the deserved W.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Silovs to Predators-
200.webp

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
Silovs is weird. He looked great to close out 22-23 even before the WCs stuff and then really seemed to regress when he went back to the AHL this year. Has always been prone to weak long-range goals and maybe it's just a focus thing and that disappears when he goes up levels and there's more pressure.

Well Arty had a tough time after the WCs MVP performance. First he got divorced in September, that obviously is never easy, but his grandmother news would be the hardest one - she failed the Latvian language exam and it was all over news here (will not comment about politics, but we have difficult relationships with Russians) and there was even a chance she would get deported from country. Arty grandmother is the closest one to him.

Both these things happened right before the season started.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
hopefully other guys step up. garland joshua hoglander he will be a pest for the oilers i have a feeling. speed game will work in his favor. lafftery. the depth guys and hopefully petterson will shine in round 2. nott worried about goaltending at all. just the powerplay needs to get it going or else the oilers will have a field day with their powerplay weapons.
As Bieksa said, the next round is a clean slate.
What a f***ing game. Rogers Arena was bumping. Tons of deserved "Refs you suck" chants after that dogshit call on Lindholm late in the game.

Anyway, we are so f***ing back.
Actually even the Boeser penalty has been considered a follow through most times. But that was a game management call, extend the game.
Well that game and most of them in this series were not masterpieces but they remind me a whole lot of the NJD under Lemaire, dull, uneventful, stressful and sometimes hard to watch.

However they play against Edmonton these games are a bonus but if the league steps back from game management they will have a chance.

But as I have posted many times the team that wins the Vezina wins the Cup. They might not get the Vezina but defence wins championships.....and good goaltending.

They have to be one of the stingiest teams in the playoffs right now and with big hangovers this morning :D

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad