2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks for the updates TV. I don't watch AHL hockey anymore and don't see that changing anytime soon so I always love hearing those updates.

The only thing I don't like out of everything said is how you said Meloche helps make up for Bigras' jittery style. Sucks that he's playing like that even in the A. He was so calm and patient in OS. It was one of his best assets. Something changed for the worst with Bigras and I have a feeling Steve Downie's tantrum explains a lot.

Hope we continue to see Meloche and JCB getting trusted minutes.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wait, what? lol seriously?
Yes, he was called up right before the Christmas break when the Rampage went to Manitoba. They always try to use the Avs' charter to go up there. Meloche and Joe Cannata were "called up" for the trip but didn't dress in the first game (the Rampage had zero need for either, both goalies were healthy too). Dan let us know privately it was to satisfy some loophole in which they were allowed to use the Avs' charter, I believe it has to do with NHL contracts since the Rampage dress so many on AHL contract but idk. Then Bigras got hurt in that first game in Manitoba, Meloche has played ever since. Probably saved his career. Bigras got hurt, then Schmaltz, then Barberio and then Yak did us another favor taking out Edmundson. As long as all those guys don't get healthy at once he should be ok.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I love hearing about minor league machinations like that lol.

With how fast this organization loses patience with kids you may be right; but I'd really like to think that even this organization and their infamous prospect-ADD, wouldn't have lost patience with a kid as promising as Meloche after just one year...a year in which a ton of things were working against making his transition to pro-hockey in any way smooth.

...or am I just cementing my claim on becoming the board's new naive optimist?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well, I'm sure they wouldn't have given up yet but you can't punt a year of development, especially in this org.

Speaking of, JCB will be back to the Eagles next week. Blues sending Sanford for conditioning, trading for Sosh and Greer coming back means there went his roster spot.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I love hearing about minor league machinations like that lol.

With how fast this organization loses patience with kids you may be right; but I'd really like to think that even this organization and their infamous prospect-ADD, wouldn't have lost patience with a kid as promising as Meloche after just one year...a year in which a ton of things were working against making his transition to pro-hockey in any way smooth.

...or am I just cementing my claim on becoming the board's new naive optimist?

Meloche might be due lineup space with SA. Being a shared team, there is simply not enough adequate ice time minutes.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Rampage being a bit depleted and it shows. Outshot 10-44 in regulation and winning 1-0 in OT.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Rampage being a bit depleted and it shows. Outshot 10-44 in regulation and winning 1-0 in OT.
Continuing the theme, they dressed 5 D and 11 F tonight. Killed 7 penalties, held Strome off the board for the 4th game against him and did it with a D of Meloche, Bigras, Geertsen, Graham and De Jong. Husso obviously was a big part too. Crazy game tho.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I wish there was a way to pry Husso out of STL... But I doubt they would be in any hurry to see him play with a division rival.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Its obvious the the Avs won't be making the POs and that the Rampage may, so once the Avs season is over, and if healthy, what AHL eligible rookies does Sakic send down to get that PO experience? I mean we could load up the Rampage with 8-9 of our own players:

Girard
Compher
Jost
Kerfoot
Mironov
Greer
Toninato
Siemens
Kamenev

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Its obvious the the Avs won't be making the POs and that the Rampage may, so once the Avs season is over, and if healthy, what AHL eligible rookies does Sakic send down to get that PO experience? I mean we could load up the Rampage with 8-9 of our own players:

Girard
Compher
Jost
Kerfoot
Mironov
Greer
Toninato
Siemens
Kamenev
Girard isn't AHL eligible, he would have to go back to the Q.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Girard
Compher
Jost
Kerfoot
Mironov
Greer
Toninato
Siemens
Kamenev
It doesn't work like that or else other teams would do it. If they aren't on the AHL roster when the deadline passes they can't go back. There might be a couple paper moves tomorrow for like Toni and Siemens. But unlikely the Rampage make the playoffs anyway. Plus if they did they aren't going to play more of our players.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Weiss says the Rampage have recalled Conner Bleackley. Funny enough I never even considered that scenario rising with the Blues/Avs sharing an affiliate.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How's Geertsen looked this year in SA? Didn't expect to hear Sakic bring up his name in that interview during the Vancouver game, saying he's coming along well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How's Geertsen looked this year in SA? Didn't expect to hear Sakic bring up his name in that interview during the Vancouver game, saying he's coming along well.
I think Sakic was fishing for names he could think of, probably looking at expiring contracts that day. He's been fine but I don't see NHL upside. Fine AHL depth player.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Sakic was fishing for names he could think of, probably looking at expiring contracts that day. He's been fine but I don't see NHL upside. Fine AHL depth player.

That's the impression I had on Geertsen too. I think your reasoning makes sense. Joe didn't have a whole lot to talk about after the deadline.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Didn't hear the interview, but did Geertsen maybe come up in the context of Meloche since he was going to start partner Nic after the Bigras trade? Other than that and his contract status, I can't imagine why Joe would be talking about a guy who has a lot of work to do to even match Dunk's AHL tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce