2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Kamenev with his second primary assist of the game. This time a no look cross ice pass, really impressive.

Reactions: Avs_19

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That second assist was followed by about 20 seconds of Kamenev working down low, really good stuff. He made a huge difference in that game. Blais was good as well obviously scoring the goals. But Kamenev is ready, folks.

He's not the fastest guy in the world but he's strong, very smart. Little rust he had was maybe some puck handling. Other than that what a showing for the guy.

Conditioning stint like this can be max 3 games. IMO don't think he plays that third one on Friday. Next game on Tuesday in San Diego. I think they call him up after that. Wouldn't shock me if he played on Thurs or Fri.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He's always been a good playmaker, good to see him picking right back up where he left off. I wonder how many games he will play down there. If he keeps this up, will he meet the team in St. Louis?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Meloche had an assist on the first goal too on a nice breakout, so it was a nice game to watch for sure. Don't forget about him, he again played a lot of minutes and is looking good. Probably the steadiest progress I've seen of a D since I've been watching the AHL.

Maybe it's because SA lost a lot of their defenders, but it seems like Meloche has worked his way into the coaches good graces down there. He seems to be getting much more ice time.

Reactions: LTC Pain

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Maybe it's because SA lost a lot of their defenders, but it seems like Meloche has worked his way into the coaches good graces down there. He seems to be getting much more ice time.
Yeah it's been both, out of need but they could lean on others more if they wanted to. Butler was back today and then there's Graves but Meloche saw a lot of minutes.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just watched the highlights looked like Kamenev couldve had 7 points. His puck protection skills look pretty damn good in the highlights aswell. He really is an interesting piece from the Duchene stimulus package...aswell as Shane Bowers, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Oh yah and Samwise Girard.

Yeah. I always liked the guy even back when he was with Milwaukee. Exciting prospect. He can do it all. Good two way Center with elite playmaking skills but he's also a good goal scorer, faceoff guy and an extreme competitor. He'll dish out big hits and get into the rough stuff. Might cross the line at times but I don't mind. After the deal, I posted the WJC video in the other thread and it clearly wasn't a one-time event. Been taking lots of penalties ever since he arrived in NA. Avs need somebody who can mix it up when necessary.
Drafted him in Yahoo Fantasy this season convinced he'd make the Preds. Somehow they really didn't like him despite him clearly being NHL ready. Then I got excited after the trade but it wasn't meant to be. Held on to him until now so I'm pumped for his return:nod:

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not an AVS prospect obviously but does he look promising for a 6th round pick?
I like Blais, he's had some ups and downs but he's one of the most skilled players that's been on the team all season. He had 14 points in half a season in the Q when he was drafted, someone in St Louis must have really pounded the table to get him drafted and it was a good call. He might be a little soft for the NHL, I get the feeling Yeo isn't a fan but he can play that's for sure.

Reactions: Balthazar

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I like Blais, he's had some ups and downs but he's one of the most skilled players that's been on the team all season. He had 14 points in half a season in the Q when he was drafted, someone in St Louis must have really pounded the table to get him drafted and it was a good call. He might be a little soft for the NHL, I get the feeling Yeo isn't a fan but he can play that's for sure.

Soft? I hear that a lot about Blais but I don't really get it. Could be stronger on the puck but has good size and isn't afraid to use it. Has 15 hits in 11 NHL games.
I do think Yeo likes him. He sent Barbashev down in order to play Blais. Also, Blais got a lot of playing time with top linemates while with the Blues. He averaged just under 11mins but that's misleading because he didn't finish his last two.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Would be nice to see Kamenev have his coming out party before the end of the season. With our other rookies hitting the "wall" like Kerfoot - it would be nice for a newly healthy and fresh Kamenev to provide a boost to the secondary scoring that has gone mostly MIA in recent weeks. He doesn't look long for the AHL, that's for certain. What is his ideal role and linemates when he gets called up?

Reactions: 5280

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If there's a San Antonio guy Yeo isn't loving right now for sure, it's Tage Thompson. Publicly called him out a few days ago, but that may just be the organization as a whole getting frustrated. Dude is only 20 after all.

Forgot about that dope Kurturs MurcDurmurd. Another reason I hate the Kings.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well Thompson is the one still in the NHL and playing.

As mentioned here's the vid. Oh I see y'all put it in the other thread. Well it's here too.

I think Kamenev might be in the Avs lineup by Thursday, we'll see. Maybe he starts on the 4th to get rolling but ideally I think he'd be great with Sven.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad