2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Somebody has to tell Bednar that Greer can actually be good offensively before he calls him up. For some reason he wants him to play a Cody McLeod style 4th line role.

Reactions: Sea Eagles

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Somebody has to tell Bednar that Greer can actually be good offensively before he calls him up. For some reason he wants him to play a Cody McLeod style 4th line role.

I'm honestly asking here--did Bednar play him like that when he was called up last season? I didn't think he did IIRC. The 4th line grinder role seemed like it was because he had a glut of decent forwards, not necessarily because he envisioned the guy as the next Cody McLeod (which, BTW, let's hope to hell isn't true given how little he liked the first Cody McLeod). :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man, as if Bigras needed another hurdle between him and the NHL. Hopefully it's not too hindering.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Bigras is done with the AVs. I have no idea what it is with the AVs and young D-men but if they don't make an immediate jump they are toast. He might become a good player but it won't be for us. I'm more hopeful that Mironov has a career with us than Birgras.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
if Sakic think Bigras don't have futur with us trade him for Scherbak (Laval-Montréal) we need some good winger who can score

Bigras to Montreal
Scherbak to Colorado
2 players almost nhl ready who a change can be good for them.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Problem is nobody is trading us something decent for Bigras. He's going to go for a conditional pick or for free at this point. I really don't see him getting anything back at this point. I've really soured on him...I have no idea what folks like about his game...I've just never seen anything from him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Problem is nobody is trading us something decent for Bigras. He's going to go for a conditional pick or for free at this point. I really don't see him getting anything back at this point. I've really soured on him...I have no idea what folks like about his game...I've just never seen anything from him.

Great skating, high end hockey-intelligence, and when he's not terrified of getting benched he makes nice crisp passes up the ice. I still like Bigras a lot, but he needs an organization that believes in him and will let him settle in the way Zads was allowed to after his scratches.

That won't be in colorado, but it's still likely to happen for some team. And if it does, they'll have a nice middle pairing guy for cheap.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Yeah, they have no idea what's coming. Hopefully they can resurrect the ECHL franchise somewhere.

I don't know. There are some of us that understand and will embrace the step up in quality of play at the risk of player movement. And the fact that the Eagles will own the franchise, I think, will be huge in being able to react to fan issues on their own, outside of players.. And if the Avs continue to draft well there is no reason we cant have a perennial NHL playoff team with some young guns at the AHL level pushing to move up and developing.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
One big thing that’ll be unavoidable—the demands on an AHL team are far more than that of an ECHL team. An ECHL team is less likely to see its best players called up in the midst of a hot streak or if the NHL parent club gets a rash of injuries.

But what worries me most is that Craig Billington will be the new GM. I get that the Rampage appear to be in fairly good shape at present but he has yet to convince me he truly knows what he’s doing.

It’ll be an adventure to be sure. It’s just been such a fantastic enterprise, survived the demise of an entire league, affiliate changes, and the Budweiser Event Center has been successful as a venue in its own right in every way that the Broomfield/1st Bank/Whatever Center hasn’t been. And I don’t think that’s just an accident of geography either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad