2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
How is he suppose to get actual playing time in the A though? Butler, Schmaltz, Bigras, Mironov, all are easily ahead of him. Sky Wars was paid a ton to play for the rampage. And Geertsen is doing well and needs time too. Even Graham is producing.

They should have done this as soon as Bigras and Mironov were sent down. Too many guys needing ice time at that point. And not just heavy minutes, but it's a fight even for that #6 spot.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
So when the Eagles become our AHL affiliate, we'll be acquiring all their staff too, correct?

No, apparently they will stay on in some sort of advisory/business role or something, but Billington will be their GM if all goes according to plan. Still not quite sure how Billington continues to play such a large part in the organization when he deserved a share of the blame when it came to the organization's piss-poor drafting/development track record for a great many years. They obviously concluded it was all Pracey's fault--I'm not entirely convinced it was.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Colborne started working his way down the lineup, then it was reported he was a healthy scratch, then it was reported he had a nagging some such keeping him out, then it was reported he wasn't traveling with the team due to some sort of injury, then it was reported he hasn't resumed skating. It's a fair wonder at this point if they just told him to stay home.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
As much as I would love to see Greer called up, it's best for him to keep dominating in SA for now. They finally have a competent team down there and building a winning culture with some of our other potential NHL contributors is important.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
They had a string of four straight losses with three of them coming on the Cali road trip. In general, they've been playing good and are a competent team. Since that road trip ended they have a respectable record of 3-2-1 and won 7 out of 12 available points.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Rampage sit 6th in their conference... I'd say the are competent. Ups and downs will happen, but they look like an AHL playoff team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What's going on with Martin? After a strong start he seems to have imploded.

Confidence... when he is confident, his talent really shines and he can be a great goalie. When he isn't, his game really slips and falls into long slumps. Call me crazy, but I'm a glad he is going through this stretch. He needs to figure out how to work himself out of these and bring his game back up. He has been better than the numbers suggest the last couple games, so maybe he is showing signs of pulling himself out.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
We knew sending Bigras and Mironov down would probably squeeze Meloche a bit. Schmaltz and Butler has a big role down there as well.

Meloche and Beaudin just have to do the most of the situation this year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Even with all of the gripes about his handling of the two-teams situation; I like Veilleux. If the team refuses to replace Bednar with a vet I'm fine with Veilleux being the Avs next coach.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I wouldn't mind a Greer callup on principle, but I fear that Bednar fundamentally does not view him as an offensive player and is trying to push him into a 4th line agitator role. He's capable of being more than that, but frankly if all Bednar will do with him in the NHL is put him on the 4th line with no special teams minutes I'd rather see him play in the A, it's a waste of his talent and could stunt his development.

Jessica

17 year Rampage sth
Jul 1, 2005
San Antonio, TX
Ugly Christmas Sweater Jersey Auction

Spenser Martin 1400
Ville Husso 1150
Mason Geertsen 1450
Chris Bigras 1200
David Warsofsky 1400
Brendan Ranford 2000
Duncan Siemens 1100
Dominic Toninato 1200
Felix Girard 1150
Rocco Grimaldi 1300
Klim Kostin 1000
Shawn Ouellet-St. Amant 1250
A.J. Greer 1050
Chris Butler 1200
Adam Musil 1200
Andrew Agozzino 1150
Tage Thompson 1100
Julien Nantel 1300
Alex Belzile 1200
Andrei Mironov 900
T-Bone 1250

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I wouldn't mind a Greer callup on principle, but I fear that Bednar fundamentally does not view him as an offensive player and is trying to push him into a 4th line agitator role. He's capable of being more than that, but frankly if all Bednar will do with him in the NHL is put him on the 4th line with no special teams minutes I'd rather see him play in the A, it's a waste of his talent and could stunt his development.

Greer-Jost-Compher. Lets do it.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Bednar odd 7th DMan which only plays approx. 7 mins or less will prevent use of another forward. So Yakupov is always the odd man out, still don’t understand using Bourqe?

Anyways, Greer will be game day scratches, so leave at SA to get more playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->