Line Combos: 2017-18 Roster Thread II - Massive changes not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I've seen this mentioned quite a few times on other forums: Etem has one move & once other teams saw it he's not going to be scoring much.
Steel is a much different player.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Am i the only one who feels this way ?:
Carlyle has lost the team, his players don't care as much in the 3rd period anymore, his system is crap, the players don't do well with it anymore at all & i think they've grown tired of his system, the 1st year back the guys did well but the 2nd year with Carlyle back they don't seem to be playing well & think several D-men don't work so well in Carlyle's system.
Carlyle may eventually need to be fired, they need someone who can coach a modern system & get them back on track.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I am so sick of recycled coaches in the league, lets go full LA rams and hire someone new with new ideas and systems.

It's a shame we passed on Travis Green.
Agreed. He also played a few games on the 06-07 Ducks team before being waived as well as playing with the Ducks in the late 90s.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
With all the criticism he deserve, I think Randy did a great job last year PO`s. I don`t have a confidence we would gotten past Edmonton with Travis Green.
I do agree with that, the adjustments he makes in a playoff series is better than Boudreau, if he could just coach them into a modern system they'd do better in reaching the playoffs. Several players had their first year with Carlyles system last season & now the 2nd year they are further away from how confident & well they were playing in Boudreau's system.

If they continue to blow 3rd period leads to lose games in their next 15 games i suspect there is a chance Carlyle is fired.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Travis Green was a diamond just waiting for us to pick up. Might have had a pretty good shot at him too, given his (albeit limited) history with us. Carlyle is a disaster. Completely outdated coach, in every definition of the word.
What would be funny is if Carlyle is friends with Mike Scioscia, 2 guys stuck in the 1980s who talk about the glory days when things like NHL teams loaded with goons & enforcers or 80s MLB teams loaded with speedy players & excessive small ball tactics.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Except the Ducks don’t have a goon or enforcers in the lineup currently. Looking at the GDT, it’s one of the softer teams in a while- we have Bieksa and Wagner as only potential fighters/ heavy players.

We’re going through a slump. It happens

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
With all the criticism he deserve, I think Randy did a great job last year PO`s. I don`t have a confidence we would gotten past Edmonton with Travis Green.

I did think he did well in the Edmonton series although Edmonton wasn’t exactly tough competition given how green they were and how bad their D was/is. Calgary was a whitewash and we were injured as hell so I’ll give him credit there even if Elliott was our biggest strength. He was thoroughly out coached by Laviolette in the Preds series though and I remember sitting there multiple times being like why are those guys out on the ice right now and then seeing the Preds score against us soon after.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ritchie can fight when he wants to.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Ritchie has two fighting majors in 2 years. He’s not a fighter.

He's an awesome sucker puncher though. He broke Roszival's face. If we could get Ritchie's power into Bieksa's superman punch, it would be awesome. They need to become sparring partners so Ritchie can learn some moves.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
He's an awesome sucker puncher though. He broke Roszival's face. If we could get Ritchie's power into Bieksa's superman punch, it would be awesome. They need to become sparring partners so Ritchie can learn some moves.

Lol Bieksa has one move. SUPERMAN PUNCH TO THE DOME!

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Manson and Ritchie say Hi.
The new hybrid type of enforcer can be a guy like Josh Manson or on the Devils Miles Wood. It works cause teams will think twice about taking a run at Fowler if they gotta deal with Manson afterwards.

In a way i miss watching the 06/07 Ducks that had alot of fighters: Moen, Parros, Shawn Thornton, Sean O'Donnell, Shane O'Brien, Todd Fedoruk but those days are over & in the past.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Looking at the schedule, my guess would be that Perry and Kesler are back after our week break - Jan. 13th.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I really think we should try out, and I don't mean for a shift or 2, or even a game or 2 I mean for a week or 2 and see how it develops.
Fowler + Manson
Lindholm + Montour

Id still like to see Larsson get a look on bottom pairing when he returns... but if not and the coyotes mess is true, maybe a guy like hjarlmasson would be available and we could really fix our defense for a run this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad