Line Combos: 2017-18 Roster Thread II - Massive changes not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't understand the new title. "Massive changes not coming." That's not true. Murray promised us massive changes. Just with the exact same roster and coaches.

Massive changes are going to comprise of forcing all our players to blindly move the puck up ice as fast as they can while skating as hard as they can so the one ice product replicates pinball. Dump and chase on steroids. Screw puck possession pinball replication is where the game is going.

And in doing so we will be taking away the strengths of our best player who has the rare ability to slow the game down and make elite plays. Square peg meet round hole.

Reactions: Getz2perry

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Does it even matter if Voynov wants to come back to the NHL? I thought with his conviction there is zero chance for him to get a work permit (?) to come back to America/Canada and play in the NHL.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Massive changes are going to comprise of forcing all our players to blindly move the puck up ice as fast as they can while skating as hard as they can so the one ice product replicates pinball. Dump and chase on steroids. Screw puck possession pinball replication is where the game is going.

And in doing so we will be taking away the strengths of our best player who has the rare ability to slow the game down and make elite plays. Square peg meet round hole.
Well, remember his analogy. He thinks the league is still playing pong. :facepalm:

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Trade Silf and Ritchie for an upgrade. Someone like Hoffman or Skinner. Then roll a more offensive 2nd line and make a make Keslers line the 3rd. Make Perrys line the 4th, and have them play around 12 minutes. Inject some high pace players into the bottom 6. Sign a solid mobile #5 Dman to play with Pettersson. A new coach would be ideal, but that looks off the board for now.

Rakell-Getzlaf-Eaves
Skinner/Hoffman-Henrique-Kase
Cogliano-Kesler - X
X - X - Perry

Fowler-Montour
Lindholm-Manson
Pettersson - X

Gibson
Miller

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Trade Silf and Ritchie for an upgrade. Someone like Hoffman or Skinner. Then roll a more offensive 2nd line and make a make Keslers line the 3rd. Make Perrys line the 4th, and have them play around 12 minutes. Inject some high pace players into the bottom 6. Sign a solid mobile #5 Dman to play with Pettersson. A new coach would be ideal, but that looks off the board for now.

Rakell-Getzlaf-Eaves
Skinner/Hoffman-Henrique-Kase
Cogliano-Kesler - X
X - X - Perry

Fowler-Montour
Lindholm-Manson
Pettersson - X

Gibson
Miller

Yeah, this is similar to what I want, that's realistic anyway. I'd love to move Perry and get a new coach, but that's not happening. Hoffman would be a great fit, but I think he'll cost too much. However, he or Galchenyuk would be my ideal players we add. I think we need a more dynamic offensive player in the top 9. I'd 10x rather move Perry, but I don't think that's doable. I'd try and find a way to replace Silfverberg. I like Silf, but since Perry and Kesler are immovable and Cogs has been re-signed, he's the obvious one to go. I'd rather not trade Ritchie though. I'd let Pettersson and Larsson compete for that last spot. I'd sign someone like Schenn and let he and Welinski rotate that last spot.

Lineup:

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Galcheynuk/Hoffman/Skinner-Henrique-Kase
Cogliano-Kesler-Eaves
Ritchie-Grant-Terry/Roy/Keridles

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Montour
Larsson/Pettersson-Schenn/Welinski

Reactions: Getz2perry
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Does it even matter if Voynov wants to come back to the NHL? I thought with his conviction there is zero chance for him to get a work permit (?) to come back to America/Canada and play in the NHL.
It's not inconceivable but it would be really surprising. Even if he can, whatever team signs him is facing a likely social media backlash given the metoo moment we're having.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I could see a playoff contender taking perry if we retain like 20%ish. He can still score and a lot of 3rd lines could use that and they would effectively be getting him for free.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I could see a playoff contender taking perry if we retain like 20%ish. He can still score and a lot of 3rd lines could use that and they would effectively be getting him for free.

If someone offers a pick for that, you take it and run IMO. That still removes approximately 7 million from the payroll. If the offer is that plus a bad contract, I'd pass.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Lets tank next year....

The crazy thing is, we wouldn't even need to win the lotto. With how many good centers there are in the 2019 draft, I think "just" having a top-10 pick would do wonders for us...

I hope we're anything but mediocre next year.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
The crazy thing is, we wouldn't even need to win the lotto. With how many good centers there are in the 2019 draft, I think "just" having a top-10 pick would do wonders for us...

I hope we're anything but mediocre next year.

sadly I expect us to be very mediocre since we're bringing Randy back. I'm guessing we'll finish somewhere between 7th-10th in West.

Edit: Granted I'm saying that before seeing roster in October so could change I guess.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
If Getzlaf and Perry slow down a bit and Kesler doesnt fully heal i could see us being a lottery pick. Gibson will win us a ton of games next year though. If things go south id love to see us as big sellers to load up on picks.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
So, I just came back from the future (true story), and wanted to give you guys a bit of an update on what'll happen the coming years.

At the 2018 draft, the Anaheim Ducks luck out and are able to draft Joe Veleno in the first round. There'll be rumours he doesn't interview well, repeatedly mumbling the phrase "unbinished fusiness". However, this won't faze Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray, whom quickly takes a liking to the kid and drafts him 23rd overall.

The following year, Anaheim once again strikes gold as Jack Hughes falls to them at #6. Reportedly, his rank dropped when his family and friends started chanting "Quack! Quack! Quack!" after he set the record for most pull-ups at the combine. Hughes wins the Calder in 2019-20, but the Ducks fail to make the playoffs for a second straight season.

With the 9th overall pick in 2020, Anaheim drafts Lafrenière. As you probably guessed by now, he too will have an interesting lead up to the draft. During the off-season, Lafrenière's accused of having wings despite not being a fan of Red Bull. The claims are initially dismissed, but suspicion rises as he beats the standing long jump record by 827 feet. Upon inspection, neither wings nor feathers could be found, reminiscent of the Ducks in the 2017-18 playoffs.

Anaheim goes on to win 4 consecutive Cups.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
At least something is happening. This is so boring. No rumors, no reviews, no previews nothing from Madden ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad