Line Combos: 2017-18 Roster Thread II - Massive changes not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Voynov is good... but defense shouldn't really be an issue next year. And a lot of teams will bid on him.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I've been reading the Kings board and they're completely fine with Voynov in the fold. Let them deal with the PR disaster. That's not a move a team like the Ducks makes

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I've been reading the Kings board and they're completely fine with Voynov in the fold. Let them deal with the PR disaster. That's not a move a team like the Ducks makes
I read someone speculating that it's not a coincidence that his KHL deal ends with one year remaining in his NHL deal. I suppose he was never officially terminated by the Kings.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's 34 years old. Even without the GB syndrome I am skeptical he'd have been a top 6 player the whole contract. Which is why I disliked the contract.

If you can get anything more than 5 goals out of him next year, it should be looked at as a bonus

Reactions: Paul4587

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I read someone speculating that it's not a coincidence that his KHL deal ends with one year remaining in his NHL deal. I suppose he was never officially terminated by the Kings.
I remember Lombardi had him practicing with the team a few days after the incident, so nothing surprises me with them.

He'll be a nice addition for them but IMO that type of PR gamble is only worth it when you have a Kobe Bryant level superstar. Voynov isn't that.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I remember Lombardi had him practicing with the team a few days after the incident, so nothing surprises me with them.

He'll be a nice addition for them but IMO that type of PR gamble is only worth it when you have a Kobe Bryant level superstar. Voynov isn't that.
I believe I read somewhere on twitter a report that LA is not interested in taking him back. As much as I dislike the Kings, allowing him to practice a couple of days after the incident, when all things haven`t come out, possibly - is not the worst thing in the world. I do not know if the LA org was or was not fully informed at the time, but yeah...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
LA Kings, where beating your wife is fine. But getting older and productivity goes down and you conveniently get stopped at the border for drugs, GET THAT GUY AND HIS CONTRACT OUTTA HERE.

Reactions: ADHB

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I said this on the NHL thread, but it would show the true class of the Kings organization and their fans if they welcome back Voynov with open arms, especially after going out of their way to void the Richards contract for basically nothing. Prescription drugs? Player sucks so get rid of him and his contract. Beat the crap out of your wife and get deported? Hmm we’re willing to forgive and leave all options open. The fact that they didn’t void that contract right away tells me everything I need to know.

There is a less than zero chance the Samuelis get anywhere near that situation.

Reactions: dracom

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I believe I read somewhere on twitter a report that LA is not interested in taking him back. As much as I dislike the Kings, allowing him to practice a couple of days after the incident, when all things haven`t come out, possibly - is not the worst thing in the world. I do not know if the LA org was or was not fully informed at the time, but yeah...

If I remember right, they had more info than the public and Voynov had already been suspended by the NHL, which resulted in a fine

Reactions: Kalv and AngelDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's 34 years old. Even without the GB syndrome I am skeptical he'd have been a top 6 player the whole contract. Which is why I disliked the contract.

If you can get anything more than 5 goals out of him next year, it should be looked at as a bonus

Came to post the exact same thing. Pre GB syndrome I was expecting him to be a third liner as he has been pretty much every year of his career except 2016/17. Now if he comes back I’ll be estatic if he plays higher than the 4th line.

It was a dumb signing given we were basically paying him off a fluke season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
eaves does not belong on the 1st line at this point

he's been injury prone his entire career and is coming off a serious illness

if he is able to play again at the NHL level it would most likely be on the 4th line

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Did Voynov even show any remorse for the incident? I don’t recall him doing so but my memory is hazy.

And yeah f*** bringing him into the fold. Hopefully nobody brings him back.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
That contract to Eaves looks worse all the time. I hope he comes back but in reality I’m expecting a 3rd lone player that gets around 10 goals.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
But Bieksa is a big fish. He's a self-proclaimed series-changer, and has been for 4 seasons, much longer than Beauchemin's 3 seasons.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Did Voynov even show any remorse for the incident? I don’t recall him doing so but my memory is hazy.

And yeah **** bringing him into the fold. Hopefully nobody brings him back.

Nope. He's even on the record in Russia saying that it was very fortunate that he ended up beating his wife and being punished for that, because it opened him doors and led to further achievement. Guy's a grade a boneheaded slav.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That contract to Eaves looks worse all the time. I hope he comes back but in reality I’m expecting a 3rd lone player that gets around 10 goals.
30 goals are honestly way out of the reach yeah. But still he should be a good complementary player, he still can(should) skate well. I hope we see him with a guy like Steel or Terry next year on a constant line, as those both youngsters are a playmaker kind which should compliment Eaves well, and Grandpa Eaves (because of his beard not age as he is not THAT old yet) sure could be a good mentor for them. He is genuinly a well human being and a respectable NHL forward, despite all the horrible injuries he has fought through. He has a lot to teach to the youngsters, I believe

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I don't understand the new title. "Massive changes not coming." That's not true. Murray promised us massive changes. Just with the exact same roster and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad