Injury Report: 2017/18 Puck off the Foot Report (Upshall out indefinitely)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I was worried about something like this. Everyone said it was probably nothing, but we are the Blues. Poor kid. I hope he recovers. He will not be getting a big contract for next year with the uncertainty surrounding his knee.

As for the Blues, step 1, fire the trainer and medical staff. They suck balls. Step 2, we need top 6 help. Send out for some old fogies on PTOs, or maybe try to package a couple lesser pieces together to a cash strapped team for a guy like Nyquist.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
If Steen can have a bounce back year, having a LW depth of Schwartz-Steen-Sobotka is not terrible. Blues if just one of the kids can stick at LW then will minimize the lose of Fabbri. Still a major lose don’t get me wrong but I think they can overcome it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Has to be tough mentally on Fabbri to sit out for the entire year after working so hard. Good opportunity for one of our young guys to step up.
This is how I felt...sucks losing him but this is awful for him. He worked so hard and skated 1 game and has to go through it again. Unreal that this happened to him.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Hate to say it, but the kid (Fabbri) is likely done. Big blow to the future of the club. This is essentially 1st overall pick Sam Bradford shredding his knee for a second time...you just don't ever get back to the pre-injury level. Time for the Blues to turn the page and make the best of a bad situation...really unfortunate for both parties, but it is what it is. Next man up. I really don't expect Fabbri to ever return...

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hate to say it, but the kid (Fabbri) is likely done. Big blow to the future of the club. This is essentially 1st overall pick Sam Bradford shredding his knee for a second time...you just don't ever get back to the pre-injury level. Time for the Blues to turn the page and make the best of a bad situation...really unfortunate for both parties, but it is what it is. Next man up. I really don't expect Fabbri to ever return...

Thank you for the diagnosis. I am sure you are a highly trained medical professional with a long history of diagnosing athletes based on a through examination of an article that has a half-sentence about the actual injury in question.

Reactions: KirkOut

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I don't see Fabbri having a future with the Blues after this. I would imagine he is trade bait now for any team that would want to take their chance on him fully recovering and not having another injury.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
Thank you for the diagnosis. I am sure you are a highly trained medical professional with a long history of diagnosing athletes based on a through examination of an article that has a half-sentence about the actual injury in question.

I'm going to start checking the credentials of every poster to make sure their off-the-cuff opinions are 100% valid.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

Do you not understand what an opinion is? You can take you patronizing attitude and shove it up your self-serving *** . I have just as much of a medical background as you do, more than likely, with a wife who is a practicing doctor...so before you demean me because I have an attitude that you don't agree with, how about you just save it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
are they going to put him down after the presser tomorrow?

Reactions: rumrokh

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I disagree with this. Till we see how he plays next season you can't make that kind of prediction. With the right rehab and time off Fabbri can be a solid player still

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
:cf: boy you can tell we've been out of contact with each other for half a day lol

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Can't believe the news. It did seem like a pretty accelerated timeline for coming back, but clearly there was some reason for optimism from the team and Fabbri himself that it wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, the gamble didn't pay off.

I have a hard time believing that the Blues would cut the line on Fabbri, though. If it ends up hampering his career dramatically then it would obviously be re-visited by both the team and Fabbri, but I just don't see it. He'll be on a cheap contract after this with the severity of and time lost to the injury, so it seems that it would make sense to give it another shot when he's 100% and go from there.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Do you not understand what an opinion is? You can take you patronizing attitude and shove it up your self-serving *** . I have just as much of a medical background as you do, more than likely, with a wife who is a practicing doctor...so before you demean me because I have an attitude that you don't agree with, how about you just save it.

Its not about medical background. Its about not knowing anything about the injury at all. I did not see much information other than he hurt the same knee and he'll be out the year, which granted is bad. However, is it the same ligament, different ligament, not a ligament at all? I don't know crap about knees. But I'd like to hear from someone who has diagnosed the actual injury about his future before I jump to conclusions. If you read an article that offered more information, my apologies to you and your very charitable everyone-serving ass.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I seriously challenge any poster to name ONE guy who has blown the same ACL and has returned to become even 80% of the player he was before the injury...in ANY sport.

The Blues have already said it's the same knee...and the fact that he's out for the year can only mean it's once again the ACL. Youve got to be blindly optimistic to think this isn't a career-changer/ender.

Reactions: TheDizee

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
M1 - I apologize for being a d!ck...I hate this format, I hate this injury, I've been conditioned to expect the worst, and at the very least know that Fabbri is down a year and a half of crucial development trying to play catch-up on a bum leg. There is zero-chance of this not affecting him (significantly) long term. He may 'come back'...but he'll never be what he could have been...no doubt about it. So what do we have left? An under-sized, injury-prone, damaged 45-point scorer, who's speed has been sapped? Whoopty-doo. What value is that? That's essentially David Perron who just got exposed in the ED.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How much our strenght and condition coach has to blame of this? Seriously. This might be end of Fabbri's NHL level career. Or if he somehowe gets heatlhy at least 75% how much this will take his developement? Play only 1-2 games in 1.5 seasons.

Really nice to wake up and read this kind of news right away. f***

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
M1 - I apologize for being a d!ck...I hate this format, I hate this injury, I've been conditioned to expect the worst, and at the very least know that Fabbri is down a year and a half of crucial development trying to play catch-up on a bum leg. There is zero-chance of this not affecting him (significantly) long term. He may 'come back'...but he'll never be what he could have been...no doubt about it. So what do we have left? An under-sized, injury-prone, damaged 45-point scorer, who's speed has been sapped? Whoopty-doo. What value is that? That's essentially David Perron who just got exposed in the ED.

No problem Stealth. It was probably the same combination of factors that caused me to respond like a smart-ass in the first place. I appreciate the apology and apologize as well. It is definitely crappy news any way you slice it. I feel most bad for Fabbri. He was poised to get a 8-figure contract, and now he might never make more than league-minimum.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Fabbri being out is a huge blow. I was getting excited about the possibilities this season. Now, I am rethinking the level of hope I have. Bummer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad