Injury Report: 2017/18 Puck off the Foot Report (Upshall out indefinitely)

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Look like I called it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this be our opening lineup barring more injuries

Fabbri-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Thompson
Sobotka-Barbashev-Blais
Jaskin-Brodziak-Paajarvi
2 of Thorburn/Sundqvist/Bennett

I think only Blais will make it. I don't think TT has shown enough for the Blues to be willing to put one of Sundqvist/Bennett/Jaskin/Thorburn on waivers just to give TT a chance.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think only Blais will make it. I don't think TT has shown enough for the Blues to be willing to put one of Sundqvist/Bennett/Jaskin/Thorburn on waivers just to give TT a chance.

Players are eventually going to have to get waived when Steen/Berglund come back so why not do it when it’ll be easiest to clear? That’s my mindset going into it, let the best 14 forwards make it.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Players are eventually going to have to get waived when Steen/Berglund come back so why not do it when it’ll be easiest to clear? That’s my mindset going into it, let the best 14 forwards make it.

I don't necessarily disagree but I doubt the Blues see it that way.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Blais or TT would definitely be the ones getting sent down when we are healthy. They might be NHL ready (for arguments sake, although I disagree that TT is), but they can both definitely benefit more from AHL games than 4th line time. There is no place in the top 9 for them when we are healthy. Barbashev is head and shoulders the best of the prospects. He will be top 9. Other then that, when healthy, we have 8 locks in the top 9. Guys like Jaskin, Bennett, Paajarvi, Sundqvist are competing for a 4th line spot. Who is TT or Blias displacing out of? 1. Tarasenko, 2. Schwartz 3. Stastny, 4. Fabbri 5. Schenn 6. Steen 7. Berglund 8. Sobotka? 9. Barbashev

We can send those kids down for more ice-time and recall them when there is a significant injury. Personally, I wouldn't mind waiving Thorburn, but Armstrong signed him for a reason. If Blias forces his way into the top 9, I'd rather trade someone for a first next year or to shore up another position, rather than waive someone.

Jeffro

Oct 20, 2007
FWIW, Sanford hit a rut in the ice at the same time Jaskin leaned on him. Bad conditions at the Mills for the second group.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Personally, I wouldn't mind waiving Thorburn, but Armstrong signed him for a reason.

I think Wilsons late hit on Thomas and Jaskins weak but commendable response shows that we still need guys like Thorburn. There's always going to be instigators/asshats who take liberties with your players. Penalty minutes don't stop these guys. The threat of severe push back may change their minds. This is why a team as talented and successful as Pittsburgh wanted Reaves.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
FWIW, Sanford hit a rut in the ice at the same time Jaskin leaned on him. Bad conditions at the Mills for the second group.

He must have terrible luck with ice. He hits a rut and falls down everytime I have seen someone touch him. The kid is just incredibly weak on his skates.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I think Wilsons late hit on Thomas and Jaskins weak but commendable response shows that we still need guys like Thorburn. There's always going to be instigators/asshats who take liberties with your players. Penalty minutes don't stop these guys. The threat of severe push back may change their minds. This is why a team as talented and successful as Pittsburgh wanted Reaves.

Reaves never stopped them either. They still did the same thing. A lot of the time they just flat out refused to fight Reaves afterwards. We saw a lot of people ducking Reaves last year.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Blais or TT would definitely be the ones getting sent down when we are healthy. They might be NHL ready (for arguments sake, although I disagree that TT is), but they can both definitely benefit more from AHL games than 4th line time. There is no place in the top 9 for them when we are healthy. Barbashev is head and shoulders the best of the prospects. He will be top 9. Other then that, when healthy, we have 8 locks in the top 9. Guys like Jaskin, Bennett, Paajarvi, Sundqvist are competing for a 4th line spot. Who is TT or Blias displacing out of? 1. Tarasenko, 2. Schwartz 3. Stastny, 4. Fabbri 5. Schenn 6. Steen 7. Berglund 8. Sobotka? 9. Barbashev

We can send those kids down for more ice-time and recall them when there is a significant injury. Personally, I wouldn't mind waiving Thorburn, but Armstrong signed him for a reason. If Blias forces his way into the top 9, I'd rather trade someone for a first next year or to shore up another position, rather than waive someone.

I agree that they’ll be sent down if they made it, but so would one of Jaskin/Thorburn/Bennett/Sundqvist.

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Steen-Fabbri/Schenn
Sobotka-Barbashev-Berglund
Paajarvi-Brodziak-

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
So Fabbri re-injuring his knee sounds like bad news. Out the rest of camp. They better not rush him back. Knee injuries can be very problematic.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia

giphy.gif

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
7 months is way too soon. I just hope it isnt anything structural and he didnt re-tear his ACL.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The walking wounded Fabbri, Steen, Bouwmeester, Berglund and Sanford.

Barbashev, Blais, Thompson and Kostin could possibly all start the year in the Blues lineup due to all of the mounting injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad