Injury Report: 2017/18 Puck off the Foot Report (Upshall out indefinitely)

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Steen is going to miss the rest of camp with a hand injury. Re-evaluated in 3 weeks. Unreal.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This is insane, and you know Steen will be injured again come playoff time too.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
So with Steen out, do you think they'll move Fabbri back to LW?

We'd be crazy to do that, particularly if it is a short term injury to Steen. Hopefully Blais can take the opportunity to get a few games. Otherwise, Schwartz, Sobotka & Paajarvi as our top-9 LW'ers is fine in the short term.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
video from 9/15 training camp when Sanford injury took place.
injury takes place at 9 second mark.

video error showing- if anyone has any recommendation on fixing an issue like this let me know. I'd like to be able to show video to you all.
Link to youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzXQa0P8fOA

Last edited:

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
video from 9/15 training camp when Sanford injury took place.
Hit takes place at 9 second mark.

video error showing- if anyone has any recommendation on fixing an issue like this let me know. I'd like to be able to show video to you all.
Link to youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzXQa0P8fOA

You just put the YT brackets and then the unique Video ID part of the URL

Code:
fzXQa0P8fOA

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I guess the upside of all these injuries is that the young guys should have more opportunity to prove themselves.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Just looks like Sanford wasn't strong on his skates there.

Yup. Unfortunate consequence and terrible luck that he hit is shoulder just the wrong way. But there is absolutely nothing dirty about that hit and a guy fighting for an NHL spot can't be losing a battle that badly.

This injury sucks, but that clip also tells me that he needs extensive time off ice improving his lower body strength before he can be a top 9 NHL player. The silver lining to this injury is that he went in shoulder first instead of legs first causing a knee injury. He should be able to focus on improving leg strength pretty quickly and hopefully come back from injury more prepared physically to play in the NHL.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Sanford reaching out there really put himself in a vulnerable position. I don't see anything bad from Jaskin on the hit.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Yeo's expression in that screenshot perfectly sums up my feelings.

Anyone know who slashed Steen behind the net injuring him? 6 ****ing regulars in the lineup vs Dallas and we manage to have one injured...just....****.....off with that.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Anyone know who slashed Steen behind the net injuring him? 6 ****ing regulars in the lineup vs Dallas and we manage to have one injured...just....****.....off with that.

Apparently it was Roussel which makes sense

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
As morbid as this sounds, this is a massive opportunity for a couple young guys to make the opening night roster.

Yuuge

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wasn't he the same guy who two-handed Vlad a couple years back? Probably about time someone repays the favor.

Yeah. You know it takes a special piece of **** for Andrew Shaw not to be my most hated player in the league.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Yeah. You know it takes a special piece of **** for Andrew Shaw not to be my most hated player in the league.

Man it would be just "terrible" if he were to say have an unfortunate slide into the boards due to an "unintentional" trip or something. Now I of course would never, ever wish harm on a player cause that's against site rules. But if his leg were to fall off or something I can't say I wouldn't be laughing and watching that replay over and over again.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
As morbid as this sounds, this is a massive opportunity for a couple young guys to make the opening night roster.

Yuuge

Pro sports is a pretty brutal way to make a living. Everyone in that room understands that this is the truth and that anyone who isn't guaranteed a roster spot just got the biggest opportunity of their young careers.

You never want to see injuries, but this is why you stack the cupboard and bring in cheap vets for depth. At some point throughout a 6 month season you are going to have to rely on your 15th, 16th, maybe even 17th forwards.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

Yeah once Rinaldo was finally out of the NHL. Roussel became my most hated p,Ayer. That’s why I loved when Reaves best his ass so much.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
We'd be crazy to do that, particularly if it is a short term injury to Steen. Hopefully Blais can take the opportunity to get a few games. Otherwise, Schwartz, Sobotka & Paajarvi as our top-9 LW'ers is fine in the short term.

Look like I called it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this be our opening lineup barring more injuries

Fabbri-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Thompson
Sobotka-Barbashev-Blais
Jaskin-Brodziak-Paajarvi
2 of Thorburn/Sundqvist/Bennett

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes