GDT: 2017-18 Other Games Around the League Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You just knew LA was going to come back. I saw them down 3-1, with like 11:30 left in the third and I was like "nope, theyre going to come back. They're gonna do it."

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Whatever, at least the Yotes stole a point from an "easy" 2 point game for the Kings. Going to be a crazy finish in the pacific

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Checked standings. Couple interesting points. We have one more point than the two wild cards. Our ROW is worse than the two LAs so we need to stay ahead of them as they win tie breakers. Of the four teams vying for the last two pacific spots, us, LA1, LA2 and Calgary, we all have gone 5-4-1 in the last ten. Talk about parity.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Worrying about it changes nothing. If we miss the playoffs because of a collapse and Colorado takes our spot its because we didn't earn it and they did.
Worrying about anything out of our control changes nothing....what's your point?

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Worrying about it changes nothing. If we miss the playoffs because of a collapse and Colorado takes our spot its because we didn't earn it and they did.

MYAeO_s-200x150.gif

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Is there some kind of magic pixie dust that’s being sprinkled on the golden knights and all their players? Erik Haula has 25 goals, William Karlsson has 36 goals and Ryan carpenter has 8 goals. Each of those things happening individually is highly unlikely. All of them happening is unrealistic.

Some people were upset over Schlemko but imagine how Wild and Jackets fans feel. They must be so salty.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yet thr Panthers still have young talent and good depth up front. Dadonov probably doesn't come over there if they still have Reilly and Marchessault.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
La luck at it's finest. Score the winning goal on a puck that was flipped from behind the net, hits the top of the net, then bounces off the goalies back and in then get the dagger goal by Toffoli after he entered the zone offside.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
The Panthers single-handedly built Vegas. I’m not even a Panthers fan but I’m mad.

Smith was pretty good last year for them but I was absolutely shocked they gave up Marchessault and more importantly Gallant. Panther fans really hate Viola

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
La luck at it's finest. Score the winning goal on a puck that was flipped from behind the net, hits the top of the net, then bounces off the goalies back and in then get the dagger goal by Toffoli after he entered the zone offside.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

At a certain point, when you miss the playoffs twice while being "dominant", it makes me start to wonder about what dominant really means. I fully believe in Corsi and advanced stats, but I'm not convinced that the 14-15 and 16-17 LA teams really were dominant.

I would agree though that they are a bit worse this year, but just getting a little more lucky.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
At a certain point, when you miss the playoffs twice while being "dominant", it makes me start to wonder about what dominant really means. I fully believe in Corsi and advanced stats, but I'm not convinced that the 14-15 and 16-17 LA teams really were dominant.

I would agree though that they are a bit worse this year, but just getting a little more lucky.

Again, there may be some misconceptions and part due to how CF has been used by hf for so many things that ppl have begun to dismiss it.

By itself over a large sample its only a predictor that a team will still put up corsi events and those are counted no matter if its on goal, missed or blocked.

We have seen this sharks team, when ib a slump, throw everything from the point. Puck never gets through etc. But hey corsi is high. But over a large sample those begin to turn into chances and goals more often than if you lose the corsi battle every night.

You have to look at a variety of stats to get a good picture od true team performance imo

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Again, there may be some misconceptions and part due to how CF has been used by hf for so many things that ppl have begun to dismiss it.

By itself over a large sample its only a predictor that a team will still put up corsi events and those are counted no matter if its on goal, missed or blocked.

We have seen this sharks team, when ib a slump, throw everything from the point. Puck never gets through etc. But hey corsi is high. But over a large sample those begin to turn into chances and goals more often than if you lose the corsi battle every night.

You have to look at a variety of stats to get a good picture od true team performance imo

Absolutely, no doubt in my mind.

For example, Burns has been downright terrible defensively this year, yet his shot suppression stats actually look solid. His overall possession stats are beast. Yet when you look deeper into his high danger chances against per 60, it shows you just how bad his defensive performance has actually been this year.

Reactions: Mattb124
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad