Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Wow - Laich really fell of the table. I wonder if this has something to do with a trade LA is working on and a need to clear a contract space.

LA is sitting at 45 contracts. Unless a trade with six players going to LA is in the works, this is not 6D chess, and Laich likely just wants to retire instead of playing in the AHL.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
LA is sitting at 45 contracts. Unless a trade with six players going to LA is in the works, this is not 6D chess, and Laich likely just wants to retire instead of playing in the AHL.
Good point. I didn't think about that one.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc

Especially since he's on a 2-way contract.

His salary in the AHL? $50K...

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
From what's being said on the Quincey thread the suspicion is that Prosser will be claimed by the Wild. I don't know what that's based on but there it is.
Makes sense. I know the Wild aren't too happy with Quincy and would welcome Prosser back.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
From what's being said on the Quincey thread the suspicion is that Prosser will be claimed by the Wild. I don't know what that's based on but there it is.

Prosser is cheap, a RHD, knows the system/team and is better than Quincey. Zero chance he's not claimed tomorrow by the Wild, assuming someone else doesn't claim him first.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Would Carolina claim Tennyson?

Unlikely, unless they need to fill an AHL spot, assuming that they then waive him after claiming him and he passes through. He couldn't stay in the line-up last season and I'm sure if they wanted him, they would have re-signed him in the first place. Pretty sure the Canes are good with who they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad