Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 3, Avs win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Man, I did not see that coming after game one! My thinking was: 'The Jets had their 1 crappy defensive game (and still won) -- now they're going to lock it down and Colorado's in tough.' I was wrong.

I watched only part of game two, so my question is what exactly caused the bed-shatting for Winnipeg's defense?:
-- the goalie
-- the skaters' lack of defensive commitment
-- the coaches' strategy
?

Costly penalties. Repeated, costly penalties. Over and over.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Man, I did not see that coming after game one! My thinking was: 'The Jets had their 1 crappy defensive game (and still won) -- now they're going to lock it down and Colorado's in tough.' I was wrong.

I watched only part of game two, so my question is what exactly caused the bed-shatting for Winnipeg's defense?:
-- the goalie
-- the skaters' lack of defensive commitment
-- the coaches' strategy
?

Bednar made adjustments and the Jets couldn't match. Almost like a coach that won the cup with his core knows how to win still.

f***ing Bowmess.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yep. I wanted Montgomery or Cassidy. Instead we got Diet Barry Trotz. Get ready for Arniel and Carlyle.

Barry Trotz strung the team along so he wouldn't lose face at home for saying no too quick, and they lost the chance to get Montgomery or Cassidy, though if I was being honest with myself I think those guys hold out for the Dallas and Vegas jobs anyway.

Reactions: rehf and surixon

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
We will almost certainly get a new coach. John Cooper please.

Jets were soundly outplayed by the Avs in all 5 games. Hellebuyck had one of the worst 5 game stretches of his career if not the worst. There is not one thing to blame here, it was obvious who the better team was. I'm ready to give this roster another shot (with an upgrade at D) with a new coach. Jets need better puck movement and speed on the back end.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Trouba trade is looking pretty bad right now too. He's the captain of the President's Trophy winning team that swept the Caps. We got a guy who scored on his own net, and another guy who isn't on the main roster.

Trouba was always the much better player. Pionk is just unfortunately who he is, a third pairing dmen that can score points but can't move the puck.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I feel like you hated the PLD stretch from January on last year more than this season, but yeah, the now typical post ASG swoon is getting tiring to watch.

I think last year PLD's play was easy to compartmentalize as it was just one guy playing uninspired hockey and last season by the deadline basically everyone including Chevy agreed that Jets were not contenders so less frustration. This time though since the decisions were coming up from those truly in charge, it made it difficult to compartmentalize the stink but I grant you that it could just be recency bias.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
bones was asked if he will be back and he said the playoffs just ended we will figure it out

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We will almost certainly get a new coach. John Cooper please.

Jets were soundly outplayed by the Avs in all 5 games. Hellebuyck had one of the worst 5 game stretches of his career if not the worst. There is not one thing to blame here, it was obvious who the better team was. I'm ready to give this roster another shot (with an upgrade at D) with a new coach. Jets need better puck movement and speed on the back end.

Cooper would be a dream, but he still has a year left on his deal and likely going nowhere.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad