Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

PaulZ

I'm confused....
Jan 21, 2015
Ontario
Flames waive F. Hamilton....Oilers should claim him then convince his brother to demand a trade to the Edmonton to be with him!!

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Maybe Arizona should pick him up and plug him into their corsi machine. :naughty:

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I don't see why Vegas wouldn't claim Berra. The team is playing well, they should be doing something to support it, like acquiring a goalie with NHL experience instead of a goalie with career sub-.900 SPs in all the leagues he's been in.

He has a 1-year, low-salary contract, there's no risk to it other than having to pay him in the minors when Fleury and Subban are healthy.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I don't see why Vegas wouldn't claim Berra. The team is playing well, they should be doing something to support it, like acquiring a goalie with NHL experience instead of a goalie with career sub-.900 SPs in all the leagues he's been in.

He has a 1-year, low-salary contract, there's no risk to it other than having to pay him in the minors when Fleury and Subban are healthy.
Because having not only your starter but your top three goalies injured is a great excuse for finishing poorly and getting a great pick to help your young, start-up team, without being called out for tanking. GMGM is probably hoping the team continues to lose the next few games until Fleury comes back as, as much fun as a playoff berth would be, finishing low is a much better longterm strategy

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Because having not only your starter but your top three goalies injured is a great excuse for finishing poorly and getting a great pick to help your young, start-up team, without being called out for tanking. GMGM is probably hoping the team continues to lose the next few games until Fleury comes back as, as much fun as a playoff berth would be, finishing low is a much better longterm strategy

Sorry Uncle, I don't think that is the way to approach this season for them. It's not like they are devoid of youth. At the same time, they've been given more talent to work with than usual, so maybe expectations should be a little higher than finishing as a strong lottery contender. And it's not like their veterans are 35-36 years old for the most part. Besides, their division is a complete tire fire right now. What better way to establish an organization in a new market than to make the playoffs in Year 1? There is no need to tank. If they collapse, so be it. But for now, they should ride the wave and see what happens.

That said, I don't think adding Berra changes anything. And if McPhee said they are going to ride it out with what they have, I have to assume that one of their goaltenders is close to a return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad