2017-18 NCAA Basketball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I think the voters base their votes on what has happened opposed to who they truly think the best teams are. I don't think ASU is one of the top two teams in the country (even if they win tonight). Would they deserve their ranking? Absolutely. Are they really a top two team in the entire country? I don't think they are.

I think they will be #1 if they win tonight.

Can't argue with that. I'm probably just a bit excited that ASU has had the start that they have had. Kansas is not the team they normally are. But at the same time, it's new territory for this team. They aren't the Duke's or Kansas teams of every year, in that they are regularly up there as the best teams. The team has quite a few seniors. Would be amazing if they could win in Tucson tonight.

Sep 19, 2008
Saw Butler play Georgetown last Wednesday and was impressed by their heart coming from 20 down to beat Georgetown in double overtime. Thought that would have drained them but then they go out and beat Villanova. Never count Butler out man.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Arizona was just too big. ASU took some shots I felt like they shouldn't have made. Was a great game, definitely showed they deserve to be with the top teams in the country. Wasn't expecting a win to be honest, but they made UofA work for it.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Arizona was just too big. ASU took some shots I felt like they shouldn't have made. Was a great game, definitely showed they deserve to be with the top teams in the country. Wasn't expecting a win to be honest, but they made UofA work for it.

Yup, their length definitely bothered them (as I said). I was hoping that they’d get hot from three, but I felt like they didn’t take as many.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
New Year's Eve I saw St Francis beat Wagner, who are the best team in the NEC. Is this the year the Terriers finally make the big dance?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
so pumped for the team this year, this is probably Huggy Bears best team since the Final Four run, possibly even better since Carter seems to have defense as good as or better then Mazzulla in a package with better overall offensive package then Truck Bryant.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The SEC is such a fun conference to watch. Anyone can beat anyone. Disappointing loss for Mizzou a few days ago against Florida that had some....questionable refereeing, but oh well. Nice bounceback win against Georgia with Jontay having a game on both ends of the court. I love this year in college basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad