2017-18 NCAA Basketball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
More schools need to have a policy of turning down invites to the NIT or lower-level tournaments if they don't get an NCAA invite. 10 years ago I was not particularly pleased with Ohio State winning the NIT a year after losing the NCAA title game (especially when it was their second title game loss to Florida in the same academic year, having already lost in football, ironically Urban Meyer who coached UF FB that year now coaches OSU FB).

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Seton Hall/Providence suspended with 13 minutes left and a Seton Hall nine point lead due to condensation on the floor from the ice underneath.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

So in 6 months its come out that Adidas bribed players to sign with their sponsored schools and now agents have given players money.

Pretty funny how the NCAA guaranteed knows all about these but didn't do shit because they don't want the bad press. But unfortunately for them, the FBI got involved due to wire fraud. Thats the sole reason why. They don't care if agents/companies bribe players. Only when something criminal comes up.

Mark Emmert should resign.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
1 seeds: Virginia, Villanova, Kansas, Xavier
2 seeds: Duke, North Carolina, Auburn, Purdue
3 seeds: Michigan State, Cincinnati, Clemson, Ohio State
4 seeds: Tennessee, Texas Tech, Arizona, Wichita State
5 seeds: Kentucky, West Virginia, Gonzaga, Rhode Island
6 seeds: Michigan, Seton Hall, Butler, Houston
7 seeds: TCU, Creighton, Miami, Nevada
8 seeds: Arkansas, Florida State, Texas A&M, NC State
9 seeds: St. Mary’s, Providence, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech
10 seeds: St. Bonaventure, Florida, Alabama, Missouri
11 seeds: Arizona State, USC, Middle Tennessee, Loyola-Chicago
12 seeds: Syracuse, UCLA, Louisville, Kansas State, Buffalo, New Mexico State
13 seeds: South Dakota State, Charleston, Vermont, Louisiana
14 seeds: UNC Greensboro, Murray State, Rider, Montana
15 seeds: Bucknell, UC Irvine, Northern Kentucky, UNC Asheville
16 seeds: Penn, Florida Gulf Coast, Wagner, Nicholls, Bethune-Cookman, Grambling

Last four in: Syracuse, UCLA, Louisville, Kansas State
First four out: Texas, Washington, Utah, Boise State

Fire away.

Edit: Apparently, Grambling is ineligible. Arkansas-Pine Bluff will replace them in my seeding chart.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
More schools need to have a policy of turning down invites to the NIT or lower-level tournaments if they don't get an NCAA invite. 10 years ago I was not particularly pleased with Ohio State winning the NIT a year after losing the NCAA title game (especially when it was their second title game loss to Florida in the same academic year, having already lost in football, ironically Urban Meyer who coached UF FB that year now coaches OSU FB).

Agreed. As a UK fan I saw them go from NCAA champs, to losing in the 1st round at the NIT, to losing in the NCAA title game. What a roller coaster.

Sep 19, 2008
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Virginia Tech is probably around an 8 seed at this second. Their non-conference schedule was one of the worst in college basketball. They do have their six "Quadrant 1" wins, so there's that.

It'll be interesting what other top seed goes to Charlotte. Virginia is a lock. It feels like there's always an NCAA Tournament site in North Carolina except for the year that the NCAA avoided it.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
kind of cool, George Mason player Ian Boyd has now gone 3 consecutive games with game winning buzzer beaters

tonight:

last game:

2 games ago:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
So, new to the ncaa tournament experience, I hope it's a regular thing. Asu just beat Cal, assuming they beat stanford, are they in?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So, new to the ncaa tournament experience, I hope it's a regular thing. Asu just beat Cal, assuming they beat stanford, are they in?

A win against Cal doesn't move the needle at all. If they beat Stanford, yeah, I think they're in. I don't think they'll get higher than an 8 seed, but yeah, they should get in if they beat Stanford.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Well, they lost. If they lose in their first conference tournament game, I can't see them getting in. Even if they only win one game, they're going to be sweating it out. Going 8-10 in a weak Pac-12 is terrible, even with their very strong non-conference play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad