2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I feel at this point, short handed or not, it's still the Spurs. Wasn't surprising for me or anything to see them win.

You can never take for granted any team coached by Pop. That said, the Cavs were terrible last night. They were literally letting guys stroll right to the basket.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I feel at this point, short handed or not, it's still the Spurs. Wasn't surprising for me or anything to see them win.
Yeah, they’ll keep doing what they do. Draft coachable character guys with upside and raw physical talent. Excited to see what Murray becomes - he looks like he could be a gem.

The Cavs are predictably bad on defense.. Not sure what they expected? Love isn’t as valuable at the 5 and you’ve got Thompson and Shunpert as dead weight. They’re old, they’re slow, they’re undersized in a lot of situations... If they didn’t have LeBron they’re a bubble team.

It’ll be funny when they sign IT to a max contract.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Being old and slow is a huge problem. It's not like when the Pistons play bad and they might be fixed with better coaching. When you're old and slow, nothing can change that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

The most ready NBA player in the draft forgets how to shoot a basketball. I can't believe this.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

The most ready NBA player in the draft forgets how to shoot a basketball. I can't believe this.

One of the craziest stories. Can't imagine he'll be back soon. Just look at the 2nd free throw. That was embarrassing. Not even close. Why can't he shoot a normal stroke lol

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, that's to bad with Fultz. Hopefully he's going to be back in the NBA soon but looking at that 2nd shot I don't expect him back anytime soon.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, that's to bad with Fultz. Hopefully he's going to be back in the NBA soon but looking at that 2nd shot I don't expect him back anytime soon.
Crazy that he’s so good he can play without it.... but those abilities + the jumper were a big part of him being 1OA.

I’ve never seen anything like this.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This situation really is bizarre. I know some people had questions about his shooting coming out because he only shot around 65% on FTs but the general consensus was that he was a good shooter and that's one of the things that put him above guys like Lonzo and Fox. Then he gets drafted and now looks like one of the worst shooters in the NBA based on some of these videos. I hope he figures it out because I like him and would love to see a third star with Embiid and Simmons. Also, Celtics fans will never shut up about it if he ends up being a bust so he really needs to get it together for everyone else's sake.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
was his form that awkward looking in college?

looks like it's all mental. sixers shouldn't rush him back

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
was his form that awkward looking in college?

looks like it's all mental. sixers shouldn't rush him back

His form was fine in college. He was diagnosed with a shoulder problem (scapular muscle imbalance) early in the season, but nobody seems to know if that arose from a change in his shooting mechanics or if he changed his shot to compensate for the injury.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
76ers are crushing the Spurs in SA.

I don't get why people think Luke Walton could/should be fired. The Lakers are now only 10 games under .500 with a young team that does not have an unreal talent. He's doing fine.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Boogie just went down. It was non-contact and he grabbed the back of his heel. Hopefully it's not what it looked like.

edit: Woj says it's an Achilles injury.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This situation really is bizarre. I know some people had questions about his shooting coming out because he only shot around 65% on FTs but the general consensus was that he was a good shooter and that's one of the things that put him above guys like Lonzo and Fox. Then he gets drafted and now looks like one of the worst shooters in the NBA based on some of these videos. I hope he figures it out because I like him and would love to see a third star with Embiid and Simmons. Also, Celtics fans will never shut up about it if he ends up being a bust so he really needs to get it together for everyone else's sake.

He's got yips.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just terrible all around. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and still gets paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad