2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
His mid-range jumper is actually coming along pretty nicely. He doesn't use it a whole lot but it looks good.

I don't watch them closely enough each game to see if his shot looks that much better or not but the numbers are still ugly. He's shooting 67% within 5 feet and 32% everywhere else, including 29% on mid-range shots. He's also only 56% on FTs, which is terrible.

Ben Simmons

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't watch them closely enough each game to see if his shot looks that much better or not but the numbers are still ugly. He's shooting 67% within 5 feet and 32% everywhere else, including 29% on mid-range shots. He's also only 56% on FTs, which is terrible.

Ben Simmons

His jump shot is by no means a weapon at this point but the important thing is that he is taking them a bit more often. It’s not going to be a big part of his game for the near future but he just needs to keep shooting. And then he really needs to work on his FT shooting in the off season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm not too sure. He's going to need to learn how to shoot at some point.

He'll probably never be a great shooter but i can see him becoming average/above average. That combined with his athleticism, elite playmaking and decision making will make him a top-15 player in NBA.

Reactions: JackStraw

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Joel embiid named a starter for the ASG. Kind of random comparison but he's averaging more points, assists, and (for a good reason) rebounds than Wiggins. Timberwolves are lucky they got KAT.

How would you guys rank the former top 3 picks Wiggins Parker & Embiid now?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

So many bad contracts here. The Hornets are going to trade their best player and will probably get fleeced doing it.

I mean, its not like they will ever be competitive anyways so I shouldn't be mad. But it's disappointing that this team has made so little progress since Jordan bought them in 2010.

Whatever, at least the tickets will be cheap so thats cool.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Rockets with a big statement win against the Dubs, ending their lengthy road winning streak.

I believe the Rockets are now 17-0 when Paul, Harden and Capela all play.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Anyone see the vid of Fultz shot + coach commenting on his appalling shooting form? Considering who the Sixers traded and passed up on, it's a bigger bust than Bennett.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Anyone see the vid of Fultz shot + coach commenting on his appalling shooting form? Considering who the Sixers traded and passed up on, it's a bigger bust than Bennett.
Lol relax. It's a truly mind boggling situation, but let's give him some time in the NBA before calling him the next Bennett.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
During Shaq's Laker career, the Lakers shot an average of 69.5% on FTs. In the time between when Shaq left the team and March 24, 2017(when Shaq's statue was unveiled at Staples) the lakers shot 76.3% on FTs. Since Shaq's statue has been on display at Staples, the Lakers have shot 69.5% on FTs.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Good thing they havd two potential top 5 players in the NBA.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Luke's getting fired isn't he?

not this season

and i'm pretty sure magic and rob are willing to give him all of next season too before firing him if need be

firing him right now would be stupid. especially with no one aside from fizdale out there to replace him with, and i'm not sold on fizdale

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
People have been frustrated with Kidd for a long time but it didn't seem like they'd actually make the move. Bucks could be a lot more dangerous with the right replacement.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
One of my favorite players ever but happy trails. This team needs to be coming on more than they have been.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad