2017-18 NBA regular season thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

As a Hurricanes fan I'm used to this sort of thing. At least the 'Canes have a Cup and could be a contender again one day. New owner and better chance at making a Nashville-like run because thats how the NHL is.

I'm convinced the Hornets are going to be stuck in a never-ending Basketball hell until the end of time.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Porzingis got schooled by Markkanen last night. Markkanen totally shut him down at first quarter. Porzingis was really trash and absolutely ruined the game. He scored 22 pts, but it was absolutely trash performance. He didn't play defense & Markkanen forced him to stupid contested shots. I was really surprised how low his vision is for the game.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
so westbrook shouldn't have won the MVP last season after averaging a triple double?
Nope. A guy whose entire team's purpose was to enable him in a quest for personal glory - by blatantly going out of their way to leave him balls so that he could rack up rebound numbers - shouldn't have been handed the MVP trophy over Harden, and I'm no fan of his.

PS

Reminded me of shit Ricky Davis pulled once, the most embarrassing moment in NBA history, too bad Jerry didn't get to plant him on his ass.

Last edited:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I've always liked Oladipo, always been a solid player, glad to see him doing so well with the Pacers.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Nope. A guy whose entire team's purpose was to enable him in a quest for personal glory - by blatantly going out of their way to leave him balls so that he could rack up rebound numbers - shouldn't have been handed the MVP trophy over Harden, and I'm no fan of his.

PS

Reminded me of **** Ricky Davis pulled once, the most embarrassing moment in NBA history, too bad Jerry didn't get to plant him on his ass.

I'm pretty sure that a 60+ year-old man wouldn't do anything physically with a 25-year old man who stands 6'7" just because of some petty stuff.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm pretty sure that a 60+ year-old man wouldn't do anything physically with a 25-year old man who stands 6'7" just because of some petty stuff.
thanks-captain-obvious.jpg

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
No, no, no, no, no, no, don't start playing it off and go this route. You were actually advocating that Sloan would've kicked Davis' ass.

*google search>copy and paste image link>hit post reply button*
No, I wasn't. Dear God, Sloan said: "I'd plant him on his ass if I was a player". How hard is it to come to a logical conclusion from that? This place honestly puzzles the hell out of me with its inability to process even the simplest of logical deduction. But yeah, I was advocating an old man would beat up an athlete in his prime with my reference to what that old dude said.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
No, I wasn't. Dear God, Sloan said: "I'd plant him on his ass if I was a player". How hard is it to come to a logical conclusion from that? This place honestly puzzles the hell out of me with its inability to process even the simplest of logical deduction. But yeah, I was advocating an old man would beat up an athlete in his prime with my reference to what that old dude said.

What logic are you talking about? Lol, your post was so vague. I had no idea it was a direct quote from him. For that, I apologize. But stop pretending that your post didn't make it seem like you were suggesting something stupid because there was a hidden "logic" behind it.

This place puzzles the hell out of me with people replying with stupid ass memes to make themselves look petty instead of just simply explaining what they meant.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
neither liangelo or lamelo have what it takes to make the NBA

from what i've seen and heard, liangelo flat out sucks. lamelo will probably sniff the NBA, make a G-league roster while lavar tries to force him to the lakers but i think that's as far as he'll go

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
neither liangelo or lamelo have what it takes to make the NBA

from what i've seen and heard, liangelo flat out sucks. lamelo will probably sniff the NBA, make a G-league roster while lavar tries to force him to the lakers but i think that's as far as he'll go
I agree. Liangelo is pretty unlikely but Lamelo has a shot.

This seems like a bad decision in prime development years - he’s far from a sure thing and still only 16.. Sitting on the bench in Europe doesn’t make a lot of sense.

It might be good for Lonzo to presumably have Lavar in Lithuania for a while, but he’ll probably make noise there as well.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
What logic are you talking about? Lol, your post was so vague. I had no idea it was a direct quote from him. For that, I apologize. But stop pretending that your post didn't make it seem like you were suggesting something stupid because there was a hidden "logic" behind it.

This place puzzles the hell out of me with people replying with stupid ass memes to make themselves look petty instead of just simply explaining what they meant.
Insert the Jaguars fan meme from Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2