2017-18 NBA regular season thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't blame the Thunder GM for making the moves he did, but it's quickly becoming a lost cause. That win last week against Golden State could have given them a spark but it didn't.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
GM Rivers was once again, the worst idea.

The only real asset they have to trade is Beverley. Jordan is guaranteed to pot out of his contract, Lou Will is a UFA (likely gone at deadline anyway), then you have big money committed to Danilo & Griffin.

I think Jordan is a valuable asset even with the opt out. He should be the first guy to move and they should be able to get something decent back for him.

Beverley is done for the season so they can't trade him.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Rockets looking good with point god and Harden

Nonsense. The few times anybody in the mainstream sports media acknowledged the Rockets during the offseason or start of the year, they all said no way it could work.

In between the myriad of ESPN articles on the Celtics, Lonzo Ball, and where LeBron is going next, I'm quite certain I was told the Rockets would be crap and the trade would never work. It's a miracle they've stumbled their way to a 17-4 record.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't blame the Thunder GM for making the moves he did, but it's quickly becoming a lost cause. That win last week against Golden State could have given them a spark but it didn't.

I'd still like to give it time. You have three alpha-males on the same team, Melo/PG have been the sole option on their previous teams and Russ had been the solo option 2 out of the last three seasons.

I think Jordan is a valuable asset even with the opt out. He should be the first guy to move and they should be able to get something decent back for him.

Beverley is done for the season so they can't trade him.

They should be able to get a decent return, but the Clips being the Clips, they'll wait until the deadline and get less in return.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Speaking of blowing it up, that's what my Heat need to do. That 30-11 run was the worst thing that could've happened to them. This time last year they were getting ready to tear the whole thing down but then they couldn't because they started playing well. Other than Dragic and maybe Whiteside, I don't even know who they could move though.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'd still like to give it time. You have three alpha-males on the same team, Melo/PG have been the sole option on their previous teams and Russ had been the solo option 2 out of the last three seasons.

They should be able to get a decent return, but the Clips being the Clips, they'll wait until the deadline and get less in return.

How much time do you give them?

It's Westbrook's team. George and Melo need to realize this.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

We're only just over a month in, I'm willing to wait until the new year to make a statement.

Yes PG13 & Melo need to realize it but its going to be difficult for both, after always being "the guy" - especially Melo who has been the top guy on his team his entire 15 year career.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It's Westbrook's team but unlike with the other players, you can't just tell George and Melo to stand in the corner while Westbrook controls the ball and chases more stats/triple doubles. I think they all need to make adjustments.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Speaking of the Lakers. I'm floored with how good Kuzma has been this season. He's just flat out ridiculous having that kind of production with who he as around him.

Lakers next season could sign 2 max players next off-season AND trade Ingram/Randle to package for another star player.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Speaking of the Lakers. I'm floored with how good Kuzma has been this season. He's just flat out ridiculous having that kind of production with who he as around him.

Lakers next season could sign 2 max players next off-season AND trade Ingram/Randle to package for another star player.

ingram's not going anywhere. randle and clarkson would be the players shipped off if they do make a move

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, one of George or Melo has to be moved. The Thunder would be fine, IMO, with a big 2 but a big 3 isn't working there and 1 of those 2 will be moved if things don't pick up.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah, one of George or Melo has to be moved. The Thunder would be fine, IMO, with a big 2 but a big 3 isn't working there and 1 of those 2 will be moved if things don't pick up.

Neither are moving. We didn't trade our depth so we can kick everything to the curb. Melo would be the one they would move but he wouldn't bring back much of what OKC needs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm starting to eat my words regarding Brandon Ingram and I'll happily do so if he can evolve into the superstar the Lakers so desperately need.

Also, I don't think there's anyone calling Kyrie Irving an MVP favourite. If they are... yikes. There are several players that are having much better seasons than he is individually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad