2017-18 Champions Hockey League

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Very nice to see all 3 Czech clubs making it in the QF :nod: I particularly enjoyed Liberec beating Frolünda, such a great game.
What the hell happened? Didn't watch the games but Frölunda had home ice advantage and a 2-1 aggregate score and still lost? That's disappointing.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Better view of the scandals between Mannheim-Brynas late in the game here. (cc: @HockeyWebCast)

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Better view of the scandals between Mannheim-Brynas late in the game here. (cc: @HockeyWebCast)

What in the f***ing f***? Its not a Tie Domi class interference but not far from it. Jeebus. Thats bad.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
What a terrible hit.

Kometa Brno has beaten a top Swiss team 9-5 on aggregate, while playing without its starting goalie (starting with a 2018 draft eligible No. 3 or 4 in the first leg actually), without its Top 6 forwards and without most of its regular defencemen in both games. Seven players were 20 years old or younger, including three 17 year olds. Czech league must not be that bad after all.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Is there any way to see the full games from last night? Liberec had a powerplay in the dying minutes of the game and tied it. Were then given another powerplay in the OT, 4 on 3, and scored. I just have to know if the PPs were gifted to them or if they were legit.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
If Goc, Larkin etc get suspensions, what will that translate to since they're not playing any more games?

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
So Lakers are the strongest swedish team now? :DI would recommend you Liberec again. Having to admitt I am becomming small fan of Frolunda. This team makes this tourney.Always fun to watch especially when they have opponent which can compete.

Eh. Lakers are 1st in SHL while Frölunda are in the bottom 5. The best team is still here ;)

Its just that they looked as motivated as the attendance number showed. Maybe a filled Bern arena will change that

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
By no means take away the small countries. They are more interested in this than the bigger ones. Look at what interest Nottinghams success has brought in Britain. Good for the growth of hockey. Also KHL should be in this and there should be a chance that CHL-champion would meet an NHL-team.

It could be like this:
4 teams KHL, Finland, Sweden, Czech, NLA
3 teams DEL
2 teams EBEL
1 team Norway, Denmark, Britain, France, Slovakia, Belarus
Continental cup champion

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
By no means take away the small countries. They are more interested in this than the bigger ones. Look at what interest Nottinghams success has brought in Britain. Good for the growth of hockey. Also KHL should be in this and there should be a chance that CHL-champion would meet an NHL-team.

It could be like this:
4 teams KHL, Finland, Sweden, Czech, NLA
3 teams DEL
2 teams EBEL
1 team Norway, Denmark, Britain, France, Slovakia, Belarus
Continental cup champion
This is too much! Only a short tournament has a chance to survive this. My proposal is a "Christmas-Cup with Champions from Sweden,Finland,NLA,Czech,DEL,EBEL,Continetal-Champion,KHL(But not necessarily the Gagarin-Cup Winner). Short but very attractive Tournament. I think this is a possibility to participate KHL. But a Cup with too much teams has no future.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Eh. Lakers are 1st in SHL while Frölunda are in the bottom 5. The best team is still here ;)

Its just that they looked as motivated as the attendance number showed. Maybe a filled Bern arena will change that
Yeh, that was quite bitter. Even Liberec didnt look much enthusiastic after that overtime goal, even if I believe they really wanted it (or owner:). But it was a good game overall imo. Maybe more people will help. It almost got me in :) I didnt watch Trinec this year but I like what kind of hockey Sparta and Liberec produce against swedish teams. Its very watchable except some individuals.

So how are Lakers this year in CHL, I guess after quite a bad luck in this league they want to succeed?

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Yeh, that was quite bitter. Even Liberec didnt look much enthusiastic after that overtime goal, even if I believe they really wanted it (or owner:). But it was a good game overall imo. Maybe more people will help. It almost got me in :) I didnt watch Trinec this year but I like what kind of hockey Sparta and Liberec produce against swedish teams. Its very watchable except some individuals.

So how are Lakers this year in CHL, I guess after quite a bad luck in this league they want to succeed?

Was talking about Lakers ;). We all know frölunda will play 110% no matter what. They've said many times they want to win CHL as much as SHL.

But yea, lakers on the other hand look as interested as last year....not much. Cant blame them since attendance has been pathetic. But the good difference is we have some great juniors this time. They give their best in every match. Most of the goals yesterday were scored by 17-18 year olds.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing will ruin the CHL. SHL-teams wont be happy with how CHL has handled the whole Mannheim-debacle.

Reactions: JBeast

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Sine they're the primary funders and brains of the league, not happening.
Remind me again why are the SHL and the Liiga funding this at all? There is no interest in this at all, atleast in Sweden.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing will ruin the CHL. SHL-teams wont be happy with how CHL has handled the whole Mannheim-debacle.
so there is an opinion in Sweden that 4 games is not enough? What is an opinion of media and fans?

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
so there is an opinion in Sweden that 4 games is not enough? What is an opinion of media and fans?

Seems like the most popular opinion is that Larkin should get fired (compared to what André Deveaux did and what happen to him it makes sense) and Mannheim banned from CHL for at least a year. Both media and fans seem to have about the same opinion.

4 games is a joke for us in Sweden. Had this been done here Larkin would have been out of the league, Simpson would probably also have a hard time to keep his job and Goc would probably get 4-5 games.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

"Pull out of CHL" is the media and fan opinion. And that's other team's fans too.

I've not followed this season, but I can't blame that reaction after this hit and non-punishment.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Thank you guys.

I have just read a CHL statement and it is 3 games + an automatic 1-game suspension for receiving 2 game misconducts within a CHL season. Using other words, if he had not have 2 game misconducts, the suspension would be 3 games. On one hand, CHL regular season has 6 games, on the other hand this hit was brutal.

This scandal will not help the CHL & its image between Swedish fans.

It is funny (or sad?) that the CHL considers to punish Mountfield HK, as an exemplary case, for saying "the CHL does not bring money to clubs etc", but "moderate" penalty for this guy. As being said, he should be an exemplary case. He had no interest to play hockey, his intention was to injure an opponent.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
What in the ****ing ****? Its not a Tie Domi class interference but not far from it. Jeebus. Thats bad.

Isnt Larkin D? If so he doesnt have to do anything in that spot. 4 games is a joke.

What a terrible hit.

Kometa Brno has beaten a top Swiss team 9-5 on aggregate, while playing without its starting goalie (starting with a 2018 draft eligible No. 3 or 4 in the first leg actually), without its Top 6 forwards and without most of its regular defencemen in both games. Seven players were 20 years old or younger, including three 17 year olds. Czech league must not be that bad after all.

I guess czech league is specific but I personally preference CHL hockey. More structured,systematic. Seems more modern to me.

Was talking about Lakers ;). We all know frölunda will play 110% no matter what. They've said many times they want to win CHL as much as SHL.

But yea, lakers on the other hand look as interested as last year....not much. Cant blame them since attendance has been pathetic. But the good difference is we have some great juniors this time. They give their best in every match. Most of the goals yesterday were scored by 17-18 year olds.

I was never certain about Lakers and HV71. But its shame because watching Frolunda even make me consider to watch some SHL games.Maybe even swedish fans would welcome games like against Liberec. I am quite mad because if more teams would go for full throtle there will be lot of hell of the games what you dont often see in Europe.

SouthSwe

Sep 26, 2009
Karlstad

There is a poll on Swedens biggest newspaper what people think about the suspension of 4 games.
Too harsh, ok or too weak.
Of 11686 people at the time of the print screen 95 % have voted too weak and all the hockey experts, coaches and journalists are absolutely furious.

m9uamd.jpg

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
@SouthSwe

Thank you.

I have just read reactions on Twitter, here. People say what is mentioned here earlier, a joke, no more Swedish teams in the CHL, I will not watch a CHL game anymore, you killed the CHL in Sweden etc.

SouthSwe

Sep 26, 2009
Karlstad
@SouthSwe

Thank you.

I have just read reactions on Twitter, here. People say what is mentioned here earlier, a joke, no more Swedish teams in the CHL, I will not watch a CHL game anymore, you killed the CHL in Sweden etc.

The reactions could have been even heavier but I'd say 95% of the people who watch SHL couldn't care less about CHL. Even free tickets can't get people to watch the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00