2017-18 Champions Hockey League

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Well, they also did get to the finals. And the players know that 1 game decides all - It's quite different from a random regular season game. That's like saying Olympics victories don't matter due to sample size. But I'm sure you understand all this already.

Im sure you also understand that in 1 game anything can happen. Like a goalie having a good day

I still dont get the point of your post.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
It really is curious, isn't it? For all the talk about how SHL >>> Liiga and SHL being equivalent to KHL and whatnot while Liiga is a third rate league, we have the 4th best team in Liiga shutting out the absolutely dominant, by far best team in SHL.

Funny how it works.
No one says that.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Congrats JYP! Finally a finnish team win this title. After final apperance from Karpat now JYP made it.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Not much attention to JYP's great accomplishment.

Still, big congrats to the team and supporters.

Next three seasons will be vital to CHL's survival so progress in terms of media coverage and popularity along with teams' expansion/contraction structure will, of course, be the key elements. Maybe also another country's team apart from Sweden and Finland to win it will big it up.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Good game. Congrats JYP! Nailbiter that one. But can't say I'm surprised. Lots of experience on that Finnish team. They had a big game game plan and an excellent showing from their goalie. Was hoping for overtime, though. Fast should have had that goal.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think this year's CHL was a success, great games, especially the semis were really good and the final was very entertaining. Jussi Olkinuora was spectacular, hes the only reason JYP defeated Vaxjo.

So congratulation to JYP they are European Champions!!!

stars33

Jan 29, 2011
New York
Yes, I agree i think it is a great tournament. It believe it will get better and better. I just wish the KHL would add 4 teams. Replacing the bottom 3 teams Denmark, France, and Poland Champs. Those countries champions could still enter through the Contintental cup. The 4th team removed would be the 5th team from Sweden.
Other Recommendations would be begin tournament in September, remove those sleeve ads, and get rid of that top scorers jersey. Over time the tournament will begin to gather a little history and tradition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad