2017-18 Champions Hockey League

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Seems easy to lose the 1st place advantage. Trinec has now the advantage because apparently their arena was reserved at the date. Sucks for malmö

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Is there a league on the planet thats tougher to advance to than SHL? Not to mention starting next season each SHL club will have an additional 1.5 million euro in spending money, which increases the economical advantage even further.

AS is a good league and I feel like the winner there deserves something :S
Okay ;)! But why swedish Teams has so much problems with DEL-Teams?

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Not sure what it has to do with AS but...

They do? I didnt know that

Or are you just basing that off on this years HV71?
You mean the SHL are the thoughest league. But why SHL clubs has so much Problems with German Teams(Mannheim vs HV71 oder Munich vs Brynäs). And can t understand your "Allsvenskan proposal". Allsvenskan Champion has so chance vs NLA,DEL,LIIGA Teams.

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
You mean the SHL are the thoughest league. But why SHL clubs has so much Problems with German Teams(Mannheim vs HV71 oder Munich vs Brynäs). And can t understand your "Allsvenskan proposal". Allsvenskan Champion has so chance vs NLA,DEL,LIIGA Teams.

Thats the dumbest reasoning I have heard. Brynäs is a complete mess in SHL yet they were 1 second away from finishing 1st in their group. Half of HV71 team are new and they've been struggeling with injuries since start, it takes time to get the team together. Växjö has been lucky in this regard.

AS teams wouldnt stand a chance? Well, remember European Trophy? A middle AS team played there, Djurgården, and they managed to do just fine. They reached the semi finals

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Thats the dumbest reasoning I have heard. Brynäs is a complete mess in SHL yet they were 1 second away from finishing 1st in their group. Half of HV71 team are new and they've been struggeling with injuries since start, it takes time to get the team together. Växjö has been lucky in this regard.

AS teams wouldnt stand a chance? Well, remember European Trophy? A middle AS team played there, Djurgården, and they managed to do just fine. They reached the semi finals
No skiving! European Tophy isn t a benchmark. Remamber Ingolstadt vs Växjö? I think the only Top-Leagues are NHL and KHL. The rest are minor leagues.

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
No skiving! European Tophy isn t a benchmark. Remamber Ingolstadt vs Växjö? I think the only Top-Leagues are NHL and KHL. The rest are minor leagues.

Have you watched ingolstadt växjö? Because I have

Växjö completely dominated that match until the linesmen gave växjö penalty after penalty. I think the whole 2nd period was played 5 vs 4 or 5 vs 3. That was the only chance Ingolstadt had of winning.

Thanks for reminding me

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
I'd love to be proven wrong. Put a random KHL team in CHL, thats isnt the ones I mentioned and see how it goes

IMO a team like Frölunda when they have their **** together wouldnt fare much worse than Jokerit in KHL. A few years ago SAIK had an amazing team. That team wouldve been a serious cup contender in KHL. Maybe not going all the way but they had a capable team of atleast reaching the semi finals.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

I guess its for the first time german clubs are doing well in CHL? I am not sure it says much

Anyway I agree not to have allsvenskan teams or any second league team. Allowing winner of Continental cup is itself big favour. Teams in CC are from such a weird destiantion that allsvenskan team would have only two or three competitors there. If it should help hockey to grow, its better to allow non good country team to get in.

Last edited:

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Liberec Frolunda tonight. Liberec second to last in extraliga now. They could either give up on this match or use it as a starting point. Normally I would say they would be super motived but current situation does not help to it.

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Man that växjö lakers lineup....and the fact they play the second goalie at the start of playoffs....what a joke

I hope there are no Lakers fans in salzburg

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Man that växjö lakers lineup....and the fact they play the second goalie at the start of playoffs....what a joke

I hope there are no Lakers fans in salzburg
No you must accept that ;)! And yes some L.A Lakers Fans was there ;).

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Play off started, attendance around 3-4k, under 2k in Malmo.

Btw, this lady started "the Crowns to the KHL" story.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
Malmö might have had a low attendance, but then again, in Bern there were 13,763 spectators. Did any icehockey game (in Europe) last night had as many?

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Only 3,000 watched in Zurich, despite around 200 Panthers fans travelling over (and doing the conga during powerbreaks).

There'll be probably 6000 in Nottingham (perhaps even more). Easy to see why Panthers will be excited, but surely other clubs at this knockout phase would start getting crowds in? They're not dead rubber matches at this point.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Only 3,000 watched in Zurich, despite around 200 Panthers fans travelling over (and doing the conga during powerbreaks).

There'll be probably 6000 in Nottingham (perhaps even more). Easy to see why Panthers will be excited, but surely other clubs at this knockout phase would start getting crowds in? They're not dead rubber matches at this point.
Depends whether teams play with full roster. That criticism of the leaguealso didnt help to it.

holyprime

Oct 5, 2010
Malmö might have had a low attendance, but then again, in Bern there were 13,763 spectators.
Bern is special in that regard, they have the highest average attendance outside the NHL for 15 years in a row for a reason.

The other figures just show that, sadly, the CHL has quite a long road ahead of it, until it is as relevant as it would like to be. Last night it probably also didn't help that they had to compete with the Champions League.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Im more surprised Lakers managed to dominate the game even tho they put B team on the ice. How bad is Salzburg?
This is very easy to understand. Sweden is another Hockey-World than Austria. You can t compare this. Sweden(League,Player-Potential etc.) is another level.

Dfire

Oct 17, 2008
This is very easy to understand. Sweden is another Hockey-World than Austria. You can t compare this. Sweden(League,Player-Potential etc.) is another level.

Oh yes I saw that in the game against Salzburg. The Swedes were so preoccupied with being great and amazing that they completely forgot to win the game.

Reactions: Urbanskog

scipio

Apr 21, 2015
Zürich
Malmö might have had a low attendance, but then again, in Bern there were 13,763 spectators. Did any icehockey game (in Europe) last night had as many?

There were no 13700 spectators in Bern, this number includes all season cards. Apparently only around 4000 were actually in the stadium. That is at least what I've been told by a Bern supporter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad