2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Yep, exactly what I was thinking, lol

Principal point of contact was the head and he left his feet. All he got was two minutes

Roenick and Jones arguing that he wasn't tring to hit him in the head... It's a shoulder right to his face, and jumped into the hit with aim to hit high.

But, hey, he didn't get hurt, and Schenn said, "My bad." All is forgiven.

Reactions: 5280

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Islanders are so bad. Nothing for Kucherov so far but that'll probably change with the way things are going.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Vasilevskiy really is fatigued then maybe they should just shut him down until the playoffs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Doug Weight has perfected that FML expression when they show him after a goal against.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
McDavid back with 4 points performance for the scoring title :rant::rant:
Actually, 5 players with 90 points
Go Mack :heart:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Normally when you are having a rough year, the fans can at least look forward to the draft.

Calgary has one 3rd round pick, two 4th round picks, one 6th round picks and one 7th round pick.

Reactions: Murzu

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Friedman with a little feels good for us Avs fans:

The dialogue on 960 then shifted to how the Colorado Avalanche had undergone such a dramatic turnaround from last season to this season, with an emphasis on how last year people were questioning the dressing room, that group of players, the coach, and all of it.
Now look at them, as co-host Rhett Warrener said.
The obvious parallel with the Flames was implied.
“And you know what happened? I was talking to Joe Sakic about this at the GM meetings,” noted Friedman. “So this year at the beginning of the year, they do a players’ tour. One guy from every team comes to New York and they meet with the media and they do interviews.
“And one of the reasons that Nathan MacKinnon is near the top of my MVP list and I think a lot of other peoples’ is I was expecting him to walk in there and Matt Duchene asked out and the situation is so bad and Nathan MacKinnon walks in and he says, ‘I absolutely will not tolerate another season like last year and I’ve got to be part of the solution.’ He says, ‘I can’t wait to do well with the Avalanche because I know what it’s like to do badly with the Avalanche.’ And when your best player shows up with that attitude…
“The other thing Sakic said was all of those guys, especially the kids, they worked out there in the summer. A couple of their young players, like Jost, they stayed there in the summer. MacKinnon spent some time with them. Erik Johnson flew in or drove in from California to spend time with them. That was a group that Sakic said the one thing he knew was that was a group that was committed to be better. He knew what he saw in the summer that at least the attitude was going to be different.
“And to me, so much of life is about attitude. If you have a crappy attitude, you’re going to have a crappy time. If you look at the mirror and say, ‘The best chance I have to make things better is to do the most work I can to prepare and to have the best possible attitude,’ you give yourself the best possible chance.
“And I do think that Colorado – they didn’t make a ton of changes from last year. They made one big trade, but it’s not a trade that really helped them for now. Girard looks like he’s going to be a good player, but it’s not like Duchene for Girard now is going to make them better. I think it’s simply that you had a bunch of guys who said, ‘We’re not that bad. We’re better than this and we’re going to prove it.’
“And they have.”

Friedman | Flames may be trying to land first-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad