2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Please dont make Allen look like Ken Dryden .
Please do.

merlin_131661959_5bb2f850-1463-481c-9c99-777ec571a25d-blog427.jpg

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I want Mack to win the ross but that’s pretty damn impressive for McJesus to be at 95 pts despite how far back he was and how little power play production he gets

Reactions: Avs_19

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I just want to see what Mack can do in the playoffs now that he’s more confident and experienced at the nhl level. He has a history of elevating his game on the biggest stages. Please oh please get into the playoffs avs!! For every hockey fans sake

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I want Mack to win the ross but that’s pretty damn impressive for McJesus to be at 95 pts despite how far back he was and how little power play production he gets

He's on a bottom 10 team with Lucic as one of his most common linemates and he's probably going to win the Art Ross.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont really care about whether Mack wins the Art Ross or not. MVP award is the one I really want to see him win. That would mean that A) We make playoffs this year and B) Mackinnon will be recognized around the league as being truly elite of the elite in the NHL this year, which he rightfully deserves.

If he loses the points race by 2-3 points by a guy who's team doesn't even make the playoffs, who cares? Art Ross and Playoff hockey is easily more valuable and no doubt Mack/McDavid both would agree with that.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Meh....awards only interest me when your team sucks and you have a potential Lady Bing or Bill Masterson winner. It's just a little bone added to what is another year of pain, boredom and futility.

Other than that, just no. Make the playoffs and I'm happy. Win a round or two and I'm a little giddy. Win the cup and now we are talking. That's really all that matters in a team sport.

Reactions: Kschey

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Nine out of the top 14 teams in the league are from the Western Conference. Five of the top twelve teams are from the Central Division.

Reactions: McMetal

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
If I hadn't just seen that Col-Vegas game yesterday, tonight's Preds-Jets would've been the best game I've caught all season.

Awesome game. If they face off in the postseason that’ll be must watch hockey. I anticipate one of them emerging as the WC representative in the SC Finals.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dallas has lost 8 games in a row lol talk about choking down the stretch. Sure they had a 6 game road trip but of those 8 losses, three of them were to non-playoff teams Montreal, Ottawa, and Vancouver, and another was with 10 seconds left to Boston after leading 2-0.

Lol Hitchcock.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Dallas has lost 8 games in a row lol talk about choking down the stretch. Sure they had a 6 game road trip but of those 8 losses, three of them were to non-playoff teams Montreal, Ottawa, and Vancouver, and another was with 10 seconds left to Boston after leading 2-0.

Lol Hitchcock.

I hate to say this, but we're not exactly out of the woods for choking either. None of the teams in the hunt are, and its completely possible one does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad