2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I hope Panthers and Blue Jackets make it in the East. Panthers because I like their players and Blue Jackets because they will make it tough no matter who they face.

Reactions: AvsWraith and cgf

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Safe to say Darling isn't the answer in goal for Carolina.. 3 more years at 4.15 million to go.

An elite back-up (which I think Darling still is) costs around 2-3 mil, so he's not insanely overpaid. If they retain 50% he'd even have some trade value IMO.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm genuinely curious what happens to Cam Ward after this season. I thought there might be a chance he goes home to Edmonton but they got Montoya for one more year.

I'm more curious to see if Cam Ward's voodoo forbidding any other Canes' goalie to be better than Cam, will leave with him if he does go.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd say there is a solid chance that Darling gets bought out... the new owner seems willing to do what he needs to do to quickly turn things around.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
6 losses in a row for Dallas. WTF happened there? Everyone assumed they were in like 2 weeks ago.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If anyone still thinks Scott Darling is an NHL caliber goaltender, I advise you to go watch the Leon Draisaitl goal from tonight.

The guy is awful, and the Hurricanes need to move on from him as soon as possible. He's not even backup worthy IMO.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If anyone still thinks Scott Darling is an NHL caliber goaltender, I advise you to go watch the Leon Draisaitl goal from tonight.

The guy is awful, and the Hurricanes need to move on from him as soon as possible. He's not even backup worthy IMO.
I think he's just mentally shot. Confidence utterly shattered. You look at a bunch of those goals and you can tell he just knows everything is going to go wrong as soon as the shot comes his way. Maybe he can be rehabbed mentally, because he is basically the reason why Chicago won that third cup when Crawford fell apart in the first round and he came in and saved their bacon. There's something there but damn, he is appalling this season.

Reactions: MarkT

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In the East it looks like the Devils might very well miss the playoffs after a good first half of the season.

5oJQ8TI.png

Reactions: BrickAHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: