2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Calling him Frank Sobotka gives Chiarelli way too much credit (though if they ever do a TV re-enactment of that scene above, and they absolutely should, then that actor is a surefire lock to play him). If there was a character from "The Wire" who represents Chia, it's Herc, the bungling detective who has a much higher opinion of himself than is warranted. In one season he tries orchestrating some complex surveillance operation on Marlo, only to end up getting all the police's equipment stolen. :laugh:

Oh and that scene is nothing. You should watch "Oil Change." There was a truly laughable scene in there where Steve Tambellini mumbles through a PowerPoint presentation and Kevin Lowe constantly yells over him. It's astounding how rampant the incompetence runs in Edmonton and long it's held sway there.

omg yes :biglaugh:

Chia would definitely point to his stripes to settle an argument with anyone around him who wasn't an idiot

Reactions: Pokecheque

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Rinne is winning the Vezina no doubt about it. Vasilevskiy has sucked since the All-Star break.

Calgary is done. Losing back to back in Vegas and Arizona by a combined 9-2 score is not good.

Reactions: S3rkie

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Making that change would've been too easy and obvious for the NHL so of course it was voted down.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Making that change would've been too easy and obvious for the NHL so of course it was voted down.

Honestly I have no problem with it. Either you're offside or you're not.

Goalie interference is the real issue.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Calling him Frank Sobotka gives Chiarelli way too much credit (though if they ever do a TV re-enactment of that scene above, and they absolutely should, then that actor is a surefire lock to play him). If there was a character from "The Wire" who represents Chia, it's Herc, the bungling detective who has a much higher opinion of himself than is warranted. In one season he tries orchestrating some complex surveillance operation on Marlo, only to end up getting all the police's equipment stolen. :laugh:

Oh and that scene is nothing. You should watch "Oil Change." There was a truly laughable scene in there where Steve Tambellini mumbles through a PowerPoint presentation and Kevin Lowe constantly yells over him. It's astounding how rampant the incompetence runs in Edmonton and long it's held sway there.
QuickAstonishingImperatorangel-size_restricted.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Personally, I don't care if a player, who isn't involved in the play at all, has his skate a centimeter above the ice. I don't get why it's in the rule book to begin with.

I doubt it'll change much.

I don't get why a team isn't allowed to carry it in offsides in the first place.

You're worried about cherry-picking? Fine, don't let teams pass it in offside, but carrying it in? What possible justification could there be to not letting teams carry it in offsides other than the league wanting to limit creative & attacking play?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah that is absolutely devastating for Karlsson.

He was so excited to have a son as well, I cant even imagine what he's going through right now. It's been a really hard year for him already and now he gets probably the worst news he could ever receive on top of everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->