2017-18 Around the League Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Kucherov is ridiculous. If Stamkos stays healthy that line is going to put up some crazy points.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Ovechkin is killing it too. He has as many goals as our whole team combined right now.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Wasn't Ehlers first star of the week in the NHL? 5g/2a.

seems like no matter what virtanen does in his career, he's going to go down in history as one of "those" guys.

hugh jessiman. next two picks were dustin brown and brent seabrook. a little later on, parise, getzlaf, burns, kesler, mike richards, perry, etc

scott scissons. next two picks were darryl sydor and derian hatcher. down the line were tkachuk and brodeur.

scott pearson. next four picks were gelinas, roenick, brind'amour, and selanne.

brian lawton. next three picks were sylvain turgeon, lafontaine, yzerman, and barrasso, followed shortly by john maclean, russ courtnall, cam neely, and dave gagner.

luc bourdon. rip.

alexandre daigle. you know.

these guys didn't all play no games. but even if virtanen turns himself into a good middle-six player and makes it to 1,000 games -- say, the forward equivalent of curtis leschyshyn -- the guys he could have been will hang around his neck like a millstone.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
seems like no matter what virtanen does in his career, he's going to go down in history as one of "those" guys.

hugh jessiman. next two picks were dustin brown and brent seabrook. a little later on, parise, getzlaf, burns, kesler, mike richards, perry, etc

scott scissons. next two picks were darryl sydor and derian hatcher. down the line were tkachuk and brodeur.

scott pearson. next four picks were gelinas, roenick, brind'amour, and selanne.

brian lawton. next three picks were sylvain turgeon, lafontaine, yzerman, and barrasso, followed shortly by john maclean, russ courtnall, cam neely, and dave gagner.

luc bourdon. rip.

alexandre daigle. you know.

these guys didn't all play no games. but even if virtanen turns himself into a good middle-six player and makes it to 1,000 games -- say, the forward equivalent of curtis leschyshyn -- the guys he could have been will hang around his neck like a millstone.

Liked for namedropping ol Curty L

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Are they really a hot mess though? I mean they had 52 shots on goal tonight and from what I can tell pretty much dominated the Canes. Seems they are just a bit unlucky thus far.

i think they and their coach especially bought into the hype. they were suddenly goingto play like contenders instead of new kids. they need another year of being new kids. the playoffs will still be wide open for them.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Are they really a hot mess though? I mean they had 52 shots on goal tonight and from what I can tell pretty much dominated the Canes. Seems they are just a bit unlucky thus far.

2nd worst goals for in the division and 2nd worst goals against so after 6 games.

Of course they can turn it around easily but it's interesting.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Early days but the Oilers are a hot mess

Funny...
Almost as funny as Chayka being hailed as this new mastermind for rebuilding only to go full Oiler and forget to mix in some veteran presence upfront.

The Coyotes are in in for a loooooonnnnnng haul rebuild.

Good group of D.. but only 2 dmen out at one time with a bunch of hairless kids supporting em... good luck.. and great model to follow.

Nauseating they're headed for another top 4 pick.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
reminder that it's only like five games into the season

I know.. and they're kids on ELC's so you expect them to naturally take baby steps as the season progresses.. but they are looking baaaad. Not talking their record either. They are suffering breakdown after breakdown defensively.

New coach, new systems, new players, rookies.... it will take some tiiiiiime.

Also stated the Oiler reference specifically upfront...Oilers had their Stephan-like players as well.. but not enough quality for internal competetion, or structure.

Now i expect Tocchet to do his thing.. glowing reports... but at the end of the day, like Eakin or Green... a rookie coach and you dont know which way this will go.
Rookie coach icing a forward group with 7ish ELCs?
We will see.

member 290103

Milan Lucic's nose no longer looks like that of a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad