Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
3-0 Anaheim.

Canadiens are bad, what happened?

I have not watched them all that much, except for a couple of playoff games, it seems that their main problem, inability to score goals, surfaced quite a few years back, and has gradually grown worse with each passing year.

It's gotten to the point where even Price can't hold the line anymore.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I have not watched them all that much, except for a couple of playoff games, it seems that their main problem, inability to score goals, surfaced quite a few years back, and has gradually grown worse with each passing year.

It's gotten to the point where even Price can't hold the line anymore.

They relied on Price too much for too long. At some point you have to address the offense and defense. Hmmm, not going to put this one on Claude Julien...he was given dog shit and Marc Bergevin added more dog shit on top of it.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
They relied on Price too much for too long. At some point you have to address the offense and defense. Hmmm, not going to put this one on Claude Julien...he was given dog **** and Marc Bergevin added more dog **** on top of it.

The thing is, I thought I saw them actually starting to resolve the problem last season and offseason - Galchenyuk was becoming a solid scoring forward, and they brought in Drouin. But then their treatment for Galchenyuk was just confusing - it's like they are hell-bent on driving one of their best young players out of town.

And I don't know what's going on with Pacioretty either - dude's suppose to be a consistent 30 goal player, and now he's got almost nothing on the board.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The thing is, I thought I saw them actually starting to resolve the problem last season and offseason - Galchenyuk was becoming a solid scoring forward, and they brought in Drouin. But then their treatment for Galchenyuk was just confusing - it's like they are hell-bent on driving one of their best young players out of town.

And I don't know what's going on with Pacioretty either - dude's suppose to be a consistent 30 goal player, and now he's got almost nothing on the board.

It’s like they got Drouin, he’s going to be the main vocal point of the offense. Is Montréal that desperate to find the next French Canadian superstar for the team?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It’s like they got Drouin, he’s going to be the main vocal point of the offense. Is Montréal that desperate to find the next French Canadian superstar for the team?

The answer to this has always been "yes".

Its dumb reasons like "hometown boys" that get you Jake Virtanen.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver

It's just as bad for the need to have a french-canadian coach and gm.

The ratio of good french-canadian staff or player to other in the league has been shrinking for a decades and unless the organization adapts it will never succeed

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I think losing Markov was a big blow, he was a long time serving Canadien since what 2001? That’s some veteran leadership gone, yet they replace him with Carl Alzner

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Regardless of how montreal is currently playing they aren't going to be a bottom team that is competing with us for the Tank.

These shots will begin to start going in. It's just a matter of time.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Regardless of how montreal is currently playing they aren't going to be a bottom team that is competing with us for the Tank.

These shots will begin to start going in. It's just a matter of time.

They'll be a bubble team, if that. They are really no threat to anyone - not us, or teams in their division.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Kevin Bieksa >>> Andrew Shaw

If you're going to turtle like a bitch and then get back up again and try to start shit, don't get dropped a second time. The most embarrassing sequence I've seen from an NHL player in a long time.

Reactions: PM and Pip
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad