WC: 2016 Team USA

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Damn this team was a great goalie away from gold medal contention.

It's a shame Hellebuyck turned down an invite. Believe he wanted to rest. Probably win today if he's in there. Same thing if a couple more of their awesome young forwards from the NHL played. Pretty remarkable how well they played against Canada with this team though. They took it to them for some significant stretches with 2 forwards who were top 6 forwards in the NHL this season and one of them is 19. Hopefully they cap this tournament off with another bronze

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Awesome game today from Team USA today. I hope our guys play with the same heart as your team did today when we play the Finns tomorrow.

Go take Bronze!

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I've been watching since 2002 as a little kid and as always (besides the Bronze game 2014)... The team had the effort/hustle/grit.

Proud of this team.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Not mad. More surprised. Yeah hopping in your Ford Fiesta and finding out it drives like a Ferrai.

I hope we get drawn in Paris next year.

Hockey Canada believes they'll be accepting applications from players to play if they land in the Paris group. It maybe somewhat easier to recruit more named players, but not sure if there will be that much of a significant boost in willing recruits. We shall see.

Already looking forward to it though.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Hockey Canada believes they'll be accepting applications from players to play if they land in the Paris group. It maybe somewhat easier to recruit more named players, but not sure if there will be that much of a significant boost in willing recruits. We shall see.

Already looking forward to it though.

Here's the issue though. How many guys want to play and how many just want to Getzlaf?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You guys were great.

The nerve of them thinking you will be relegated, they didnt know what they were talking about.

The future is bright for U.S hockey.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
We need to find an exemption to playing third place games.

I think we've done pretty well in bronze medal games at all levels the past few years to be honest, aside from the one major exception. This Russian team had a whole lot of skill and the US had struggles with goaltending and defensive coverage for the majority of the tournament so it's hardly shocking that they were able to pick them apart.

I'd say that, for the most part, this was a very good tournament for the team and it's hard to be too disappointed in the final result. Making the QF should always be the minimum expectation and competiting for a medal is just a bonus. It's so rare that USA Hockey can put together a team that we should expect anything more from for this tournament.

Seeing a team like this does get me thinking about what our likely Olympic team should look like in 2018. It's pretty impossible to predict but I'd expect a lot of young college guys and maybe a few veteran pros like in the old days. It's tough to see them being competitive considering the Europeans should have experienced pros there but they should be fun to root for.

Now onto the excitement of the "World Cup" :rolleyes:

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I think we've done pretty well in bronze medal games at all levels the past few years to be honest, aside from the one major exception. This Russian team had a whole lot of skill and the US had struggles with goaltending and defensive coverage for the majority of the tournament so it's hardly shocking that they were able to pick them apart.

I'd say that, for the most part, this was a very good tournament for the team and it's hard to be too disappointed in the final result. Making the QF should always be the minimum expectation and competiting for a medal is just a bonus. It's so rare that USA Hockey can put together a team that we should expect anything more from for this tournament.

Seeing a team like this does get me thinking about what our likely Olympic team should look like in 2018. It's pretty impossible to predict but I'd expect a lot of young college guys and maybe a few veteran pros like in the old days. It's tough to see them being competitive considering the Europeans should have experienced pros there but they should be fun to root for.

Now onto the excitement of the "World Cup" :rolleyes:

I was mostly kidding about the third place game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad