WC: 2016 Team USA

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
wow, all I can say is wow...

this team should have won the last two games, but didn't, but in the end might be the best scenario possible for us seed wise..unreal :laugh:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
wow, all I can say is wow...

this team should have won the last two games, but didn't, but in the end might be the best scenario possible for us seed wise..unreal :laugh:

I'd like to think it was planned! :laugh:

Unfortunately, this is just a **** roster. :cry:

Defense has been okay, but forwards and goaltending is extremely shallow.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Noah Hanifin plays such good defense, he's smart, quick and a hell of a puck carrier for 95% of the game...

Then he will make 2 or 3 turnovers or get walked with someone with speed entering the zone (OT).

Another offseason with Carolina will do him well.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
John Hynes needs to tell his players to drop the pissing matches with the refs about the crease. Stupid rule or not, it's the rule, it's easy to avoid, and they're going to call it if you don't avoid it.

Likewise, the coaches need to rethink having the wingers collapse too far down. Too many opposition scoring chances are from wide open d-men with all day to find a lane because our wingers are hanging around our net.

They won't beat the Czechs if they play like they have in the last two games.

Really good observation here. The US forwards are screening their own goalie at times. At least Abdelkader isn't here to give the Czechs another 5 minute major Thursday.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Noah Hanifin plays such good defense, he's smart, quick and a hell of a puck carrier for 95% of the game...

Then he will make 2 or 3 turnovers or get walked with someone with speed entering the zone (OT).

That's pretty typical for young guys. I remember drew doughty at 18 skating through like 20 San Jose Sharks and scoring then next shift turnover in front of his net and goal. Lol

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
USA really need big step up if they want to win Czechs. Goalies specially. Kinkaid was okay today and goals was not his fault. Stupid penalties is other big factor in their game. They do what they need to do but it was close. If they play sameway how they play against Finland there is good chance for them. Matthews is great player but if he waste so many opportunies this team cant achieve medal round. Today they have lot of chances but can't score. Can't happen in next game.

Well that's like the opposite of USA game plan. Haha. We can beat the Czechs but this team just doesn't have the goaltending to win three rough games in a row.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Wow. Team played well today (after the first period). Kinkaid was really good. The first time our goalie has been a strength. PP still an issue. Larkin looks worn out from the long season.

They're playing for a medal. Success.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Wow. Team played well today (after the first period). Kinkaid was really good. The first time our goalie has been a strength. PP still an issue. Larkin looks worn out from the long season.

They're playing for a medal. Success.

I think Larkin has been alright. Not as good as early in the NHL season but he's been good. He made a perfect pass to Wideman late in OT that should have been a game-winner after making a great steal. He looks a little fatigued but overall he looks fine. Nelson is the one who looks beat up though to me. Looks slower and isn't making plays. Wouldn't surprise me if he's really fatigued and trying to battle through it.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I think Larkin has been alright. Not as good as early in the NHL season but he's been good. He made a perfect pass to Wideman late in OT that should have been a game-winner after making a great steal. He looks a little fatigued but overall he looks fine. Nelson is the one who looks beat up though to me. Looks slower and isn't making plays. Wouldn't surprise me if he's really fatigued and trying to battle through it.

Wasn't that Foligno with the steal and pass to Wideman?

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Wasn't that Foligno with the steal and pass to Wideman?

You're right, that was. Regardless, Larkin did create chances overall and has played well in the tournament. He doesn't look that tired to me. Nelson was more noticeably tired to me.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You're right, that was. Regardless, Larkin did create chances overall and has played well in the tournament. He doesn't look that tired to me. Nelson was more noticeably tired to me.

Nelson has been a bust so far. Larkin was great to start the tournament but he's trending downward the last three games. Still dangerous but probably a bit tired.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Yeah Nelson's been a disappointment. He was so good last year, this year he just hasn't been the same.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Yep... Same way he played in Carolina all year last year. Just have to sit back and remember he is a 19 year old playing one of the toughest positions in Hockey against the best in the World. We complain sometimes about that 5%, when really he should be lavished with praise for the 95%.

He's got all the tools and smarts to work it out and become a solid #1. Exciting player who doesn't get enough buzz due to playing in a small market.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Yeah Nelson's been a disappointment. He was so good last year, this year he just hasn't been the same.

Take a good look at Nelson's linemates. It is basically who Matthews played with erlier in the tournament. He also looks a bit spent after the Lightning series.

It would be so nice if some how Connor could come back to play with Nelson on Saturday.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
They both played today and they've played in every single game of the tournament for the US

oh, I saw them listed as the 7th d and 17th F, I didn't realize you could carry that many players, How have they looked?

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
There it is!!! Awesome. Successful tourney. Playing with house money now. Really happy about this.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
oh, I saw them listed as the 7th d and 17th F, I didn't realize you could carry that many players, How have they looked?

Santini has been pretty good. He's been their 3rd best defenseman possession wise. Hasn't made many mistakes and been solid all around. Wood has been okay in his role. He would have much better numbers if he played with more skilled players. He's played with Hendricks almost exclusively and Hendricks has dragged him down a bit cause he can't make plays to get Wood the puck more often. If he had gotten to play with guys like Hinostroza/Connor/Vatrano he would be looking better. Santini definitely has been the better of the 2 but neither have looked overmatched.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Santini has been pretty good. He's been their 3rd best defenseman possession wise. Hasn't made many mistakes and been solid all around. Wood has been okay in his role. He would have much better numbers if he played with more skilled players. He's played with Hendricks almost exclusively and Hendricks has dragged him down a bit cause he can't make plays to get Wood the puck more often. If he had gotten to play with guys like Hinostroza/Connor/Vatrano he would be looking better. Santini definitely has been the better of the 2 but neither have looked overmatched.

That's good to hear :) thank you

i have high hopes for santini

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad