OT: 2016 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Ottawa Jazzfest 2016

2016-OttawaJazzFest_Lineup.jpg

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Found out from a pretty good source today that Insane Clown Posse will be at Rockfest Montebello.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm getting way too hyped for Rockfest's lineup announcement tomorrow. I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but if they can somehow swing blink-182, Sum 41 and The Used, my inner emo kid will be doing freaking backflips.

Last edited:

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
There's no way Pantera isn't a tribute band. They never would've buried them that low otherwise.

But, wow. I'm so mped up for this it's unbelievable. It's essentially high school in one set list.

Yeah it is a tribute band. If you go on the website it's in bigger writing.

And, yeah, what a lineup. I think I'll be heading to Montebello for this! :yo:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Anderson and Smith were 3 rows in front of me for Garth Brooks tonight.

They were fourth row from the stage with thei girlfriends/wives, bunch of people getting pictures with Andy before the show. They left half way through the last song, someone tipped them off so they wouldn't get mobbed for pictures :p

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Anderson and Smith were 3 rows in front of me for Garth Brooks tonight.

They were fourth row from the stage with thei girlfriends/wives, bunch of people getting pictures with Andy before the show. They left half way through the last song, someone tipped them off so they wouldn't get mobbed for pictures :p

How was the show? Isn't he here for 3 nights or something?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
How was the show? Isn't he here for 3 nights or something?

Tonight was the third night of three, and he did an afternoon show earlier today, 4 shows in three nights.

The show was absolutely amazing, so so good. Best show I've ever been to, no exaggeration. So much fun.

As part of the encore he was literally pointing out signs that people were holding up, and if the sign had to do with a song, he would just pick up his guitar and play that song.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Went to both Garth shows yesterday. My wife and I saw him WAY back in the day on his last tour through, and had to go back. I was going to sell my second pair, but we just said YOLO and went again to the evening show. Glad we did - what an experience. Garth is a pure showman, and knows exactly what the crowd came to see and hear. Having Trisha Yearwood there is an added bonus.

In the afternoon show during the encore, one of the signs to which he responded was a request for "Mom". It turns out the sign was being held up by a couple who had lost their three year old son. Garth handled it beautifully, and sang the song in tribute to their little boy. The couple was, of course, overcome with emotion. So too was my wife!

Hockey connection - he donned a Team Canada jersey in the evening show encore, which was given to him by a fan. It had his name on the back, his number 7, whole bit. In exchange, he signed his guitar and gave it to the woman. Nice trade!

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Went to both Garth shows yesterday. My wife and I saw him WAY back in the day on his last tour through, and had to go back. I was going to sell my second pair, but we just said YOLO and went again to the evening show. Glad we did - what an experience. Garth is a pure showman, and knows exactly what the crowd came to see and hear. Having Trisha Yearwood there is an added bonus.

In the afternoon show during the encore, one of the signs to which he responded was a request for "Mom". It turns out the sign was being held up by a couple who had lost their three year old son. Garth handled it beautifully, and sang the song in tribute to their little boy. The couple was, of course, overcome with emotion. So too was my wife!

Hockey connection - he donned a Team Canada jersey in the evening show encore, which was given to him by a fan. It had his name on the back, his number 7, whole bit. In exchange, he signed his guitar and gave it to the woman. Nice trade!
We were row 7 floor so we could get some quite good pics of him, my wife has a couple awesome ones of him in the Team Canada jersey

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Tonight was the third night of three, and he did an afternoon show earlier today, 4 shows in three nights.

The show was absolutely amazing, so so good. Best show I've ever been to, no exaggeration. So much fun.

As part of the encore he was literally pointing out signs that people were holding up, and if the sign had to do with a song, he would just pick up his guitar and play that song.

That's great that he took requests. Not enough bands/artists do that. With social media it would be super easy for fans to request songs before the show and the band or artist could pick a few of those. It's great to be able to hear your favourite song at a show, especially if it's not a big hit or a song that gets played a lot live.

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
I went to the Garth Brooks show on Saturday night and Sunday night. For Sunday I was sitting 3 rows from the stage. When I sat there I couldn't believe it. The people beside us paid over $1000 for each of their tickets and I got mine for $80.

Wasn't too happy to be on the jumbo screen a few times...guess that's the downside of being so close. :)

I have some amazing pictures and videos too since I was able to bring my real camera as opposed to just my phone camera. It was awesome - been to a lot of shows and this one is definitely near if not at the top of the list for entertainment value. I'd recommend his show to anyone.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Wow! Garth Brooks sounds like a hell of a guy. So nice of him to play that song for the couple who lost their baby boy. I probably would have lost it myself had I been there.

Sounds like it was a great show!

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Lol Bluesfest trolling.

During the Junos, they mentioned The Weekend with a hashtag of something like #thisISahint.

Then they announce more artists today, and The Weekend "hint" is probably Belly.

Yep, you're 100% right. Belly has done quite a bit of production for The Weeknd and they have a song together right now. DFA 1979 is a fun add...but nothing major. Hope they have more in store.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Daily schedule with times and stages is up on the Bluesfest web site.

Of the few bands I want to see, they all seem to be playing at the same time lol.

Future at 5PM is wack.

Glowfair announced their lineup of free shows today headlined by Keys n Krates and Dragonette.

littleD

If you're waiting for your Bluesfest pass in the mail, be on the lookout.

It comes in a very nondescript white envelope, with no markings that specify it's from Bluesfest.

Also announced today: free OC Transpo to and from the festival if you have a valid pass/wristband for that day. Valid 3 hours before gates open, and 2 hours after close. After June 1, $2 will be added to all ticket purchases to offset the cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->