Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Pick - 31st Overall - Yegor Korshkov - RW - Lokomotiv Yaroslav [6-4/180]

zong

Apr 2, 2013
Lokomotiv is being tight lipped about the injury, but he's expected to be out for 8 weeks.

Broken leg only 8 weeks? I doubt the optimism but honestly hope it's not as serious as originally reported.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maple Leafs prospect to miss two months with broken leg

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-prospect-miss-two-months-broken-leg/

Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Yegor Korshkov is expected to miss two months after suffering a broken leg in the KHL, his agent Stas Romanov tells Sportsnet.

Korshkov suffered the injury on Dec. 2 while playing for Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. The six-foot-four, 180-pound winger scored a first-period goal in the 5-3 victory over Avtomobilist, but left the game after only 2:40 of ice time when he was hit by opposing defenceman Dmitry Megalinsky.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Broken legs, while they sound bad actually aren't as bad as some of the other injuries you can have, both with recovery time and long last effects. Sucks that he's losing time but preferable to a concussion or knee or something like that

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I have been told many times that the total recovery time from a non-displaced fracture is less than a bad sprain.

The Doctors on here can confirm or correct this notion.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I have been told many times that the total recovery time from a non-displaced fracture is less than a bad sprain.

The Doctors on here can confirm or correct this notion.

With a two month recovery I would suspect he broke his fibula, and as you suggest it probably wasn't displaced which is good. The fibula is the non-weight bearing bone in in the lower leg.

Depending on the severity you can actually still walk on it. I broke my fibula last year playing hockey and the doctor wasn't offering my crutches since he said I should be able to walk on it after the x-ray. Unfortunately for me I also severely sprained my ankle as well so I actually couldn't walk it off. The leg itself healed quickly but the ankle strength/stability was shot to hell and took a lot longer to get back. I was out for about 3 months from any sort of sports.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
With a two month recovery I would suspect he broke his fibula, and as you suggest it probably wasn't displaced which is good. The fibula is the non-weight bearing bone in in the lower leg.

Depending on the severity you can actually still walk on it. I broke my fibula last year playing hockey and the doctor wasn't offering my crutches since he said I should be able to walk on it after the x-ray. Unfortunately for me I also severely sprained my ankle as well so I actually couldn't walk it off. The leg itself healed quickly but the ankle strength/stability was shot to hell and took a lot longer to get back. I was out for about 3 months from any sort of sports.

That really sucks dude. Hope you made a good recovery

As for Korsh, 2 months out is not bad. He has entire year to work on his legs, conditioning and put on some pounds

JVR did good in coming back and now he looks good. I am not worried

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Don't mind waiting on this player I think we have something really special here. Credit to management for taking a big risk here that's looking good.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Does anyone have any updates on Korshkov's health?

I gotta admit, I was hoping the Leafs would draft Adam Mascherin or Cameron Morrison in that spot but Korshkov's had a pretty good first half of the season in the KHL until his leg injury. Can anyone further elaborate on his skill-set and utility (PK, PP, TOI)?

Thanks for any input in advance.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Does anyone have any updates on Korshkov's health?

I gotta admit, I was hoping the Leafs would draft Adam Mascherin or Cameron Morrison in that spot but Korshkov's had a pretty good first half of the season in the KHL until his leg injury. Can anyone further elaborate on his skill-set and utility (PK, PP, TOI)?

Thanks for any input in advance.

He's in the final stages of recovery and is on the injured reserve list until around Feb 12 so hopefully will be playing within the next couple weeks.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He returned to the lineup yesterday. Lokomotiv plays a KHL game today as well.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Great news. When it comes down to it, he's a really important prospect for us.

why? he isn't more important than any other wing prospect we have, unless you mean purely on size which we don't have a lot I of I guess

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
why? he isn't more important than any other wing prospect we have, unless you mean purely on size which we don't have a lot I of I guess

Size and potential. He's a 31st overall pick and representative of Hunter-era scouting. We need him to pan out and be a cheap contract to replace older, more expensive wingers.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Size and potential. He's a 31st overall pick and representative of Hunter-era scouting. We need him to pan out and be a cheap contract to replace older, more expensive wingers.

outside of size same can be said of every single winger we have though. Plus we will have more draft picks to come including 2 2nds this year (obviously a 1st too). Hunter also picked Dzierkals, Bracco and Timashov in 2015 so they are also representative of "hunter-era" scouting (in terms of wingers)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad