Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Pick - 31st Overall - Yegor Korshkov - RW - Lokomotiv Yaroslav [6-4/180]

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Stamkos was the tibia, also lower leg but more serious as it's the weight bearing bone for the lower leg. Stammer came back in record time but he's speed was lacking when he played.

that's right, how long has Korshkov been out? has it been close to 8 weeks?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Ya I was thinking a shin bone made more sense with the narrative and healing timeline. He doesn't really grab at a particular area when he's on the ice either, the replay wasn't much help. Femur breaks usually come with major muscle atrophy and rehab time from what I've seen too

Ya I'm hoping it was the fibula and not the shin bone (tibia) as the fibula will have less impact on his skating.
Stamkos was a tibia break! And it slowed him for a while after his return.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Ya I'm hoping it was the fibula and not the shin bone (tibia) as the fibula will have less impact on his skating.
Stamkos was a tibia break! And it slowed him for a while after his return.

don't think Korshkov will be overly speed dependent, but ya whatever is less impactful

do you have a medical background? I don't and you seem to know more than I do

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Korshkov is a bit younger so he should recover okay....right? I know Matthews had a broken leg when he was younger but he skates just fine.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Broken femur is preferable to anything in the knee joint involving the Tibia - I know this from experience. I suffered the same break in a game as Michael Peca did when he was a Leaf - tibial plateau break - it sucks.

Anyway, good discussion. I think young Korshky is gonna be fine - maybe even stronger.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
In Mother Russia, leg breaks you.

Bad luck with the Russian prospects/legs this year. Hopefully he heals well.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Broken femur is preferable to anything in the knee joint involving the Tibia - I know this from experience. I suffered the same break in a game as Michael Peca did when he was a Leaf - tibial plateau break - it sucks.

Anyway, good discussion. I think young Korshky is gonna be fine - maybe even stronger.
Damage involving any joint makes it worse by a good margin. Knee hip wrist shoulder etc

That injury sounds like it must have hurt. Now I know where you aquired you tequila resistence from ;)

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012

Kids huge but looks rail thin. Seems to use his size pretty well from what I see, and has a bit of skill to go along with it.

Last edited:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I am thinking Korshkov/Matthews/Nylander line would be a nightmare for other teams dmen in a year or two :laugh:

weems

Jul 3, 2008

Kids huge but looks rail thin. Seems to use his size pretty well from what I see, and has a bit of skill to go along with it.

His skillset is really exciting.

Hes big, can skate, has soft hands, can pass and finish. He also uses his body well to angle off defenders.

Really early but we mighy have hit a homerun with this selection.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's a huge bonus for us if he can play 2nd/3rd line wing and have success doing it.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Hows this? lol

• Korshkov/Matthews/Brown
  • Johnsson/Nylander/Kappy
  • Grundstrom/Marner/Chebykin

I think Marner stays at RW, but man we could have a lot of options

I see it as:

_____ - Matthews - Marner
_____ - Nylander - Kapanen
_____ - Kadri - Brown
Martin/Rychel - _____ - Hyman/Soshnikov
with: Leivo, Grundstrom, Korshkov, Timashov (who I think puts up a big AHL year), Johnsson, Bracco, Aaltonen and Chebykin in competition to fille the LW spots, and that assumes that JVR/Bozak/Komarov are all traded

I like the idea of Korshkov/Leivo/Chebykin for the size, they all seem to be able to protect the puck and get it back too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad