Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Pick - 31st Overall - Yegor Korshkov - RW - Lokomotiv Yaroslav [6-4/180]

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Aaltonen is finish not Russian, so he wouldn't be playing @ home, and Soshnikov had an out clause in his contract that forced the Leafs to recall him by a certain date or he could terminate his NHL deal and return to the KHL.

Swedes, Fins etc would likely prefer the NHL/NA to KHL given the choice. Is Russian born players and playing in their own country where these comes into play as Russian born players are given $$$ incentives with tax free earnings and bribed with bigger contracts to remain in the KHL. This is why is referred to the "Russian factor" when it comes to risks involved in drafting Russian born players.

So we will have to see with Korshkov but I would not be surprised if his next contract is one in the KHL and not NHL/AHL.. I will need to see it to believe it in this particularly case.

Jokerit don't play in Finland?

Reactions: Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Aaltonen is finish not Russian, so he wouldn't be playing @ home, and Soshnikov had an out clause in his contract that forced the Leafs to recall him by a certain date or he could terminate his NHL deal and return to the KHL.

Swedes, Fins etc would likely prefer the NHL/NA to KHL given the choice. Is Russian born players and playing in their own country where these comes into play as Russian born players are given $$$ incentives with tax free earnings and bribed with bigger contracts to remain in the KHL. This is why is referred to the "Russian factor" when it comes to risks involved in drafting Russian born players.

So we will have to see with Korshkov but I would not be surprised if his next contract is one in the KHL and not NHL/AHL.. I will need to see it to believe it in this particularly case.

What does this have to do with your point? Sosh signed to play with the Marlies and developed there before being called up to the NHL.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
he did tell me that he has plans to come to Toronto, don't know if the Leafs have plans for him to come just yet though

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
If they had just listened to me and taken Kyrou at #31 life would be less complicated But would they listen?...Noooo...Seriously though we have no way of knowing what we have in Korshkov but I personally wouldn't have risked a pick on him at that point of the draft. Of course time will tell if that risk was worth it. Hopefully he develops into a power forward that we can sure use in our line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad