OT: 2016 Football Thread I: Giants bring back Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think it's almost to the point where you release him. If he's not able to get on the field, there is no point having him around.

I watched the first quarter on Friday night. Defense looked terrific, Dolphins couldn't really do a thing. Once the subs came in, and Nassib being awful, I was tuning out by 9pm.

Speaking of Nassib, very disappointed with his play. Pretty unacceptable.

You don't release Cruz. You save no money doing it. With the contract restructure, almost everything he has is guaranteed.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I wouldn't be shocked by a 12 win season for the Giants. Once I saw that D-Line in play I knew. I just knew. I've seen it before. As long as the injuries stop or are kept at a minimum I don't see a more talented team in the NFC East across the board. The Dallas D is putrid. Washington is a pretender who won last years division by default, for sucking and getting injured less. They are pretenders just like their overrated quarterback and the Eagles are a complete and utter disaster on paper. That said its the Eagles so they will probably win one regardless. But with a rookie QB? Common man we need to smack them.

Man you have no idea how good Sterling really is. I am jacked.

P.S.

Bobby Hart needs to play over that turnstile we have at RT. I won't even say his name he doesn't deserve it. That spot is our one achilles heel right now. I am very impressed with ALL the rookies. Even the undrafted ones like Roger Lewis, Millhouse and Deonte Deayon who is smaller than most guys on this board but very athletic and feisty.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
You don't release Cruz. You save no money doing it. With the contract restructure, almost everything he has is guaranteed.

So what are the options? I doubt he plays more then 3 games this season. Three would be a lot.

I read something yesterday, one of the DBs was listing guys he's impressed with at wide out this camp, Cruz was never brought up.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If he plays, it'll be more than 3 games. I doubt he'd be THAT limited. I do think that they are just treating him like glass, though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone after this year. Gone as in retire.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I wouldn't be shocked by a 12 win season for the Giants. Once I saw that D-Line in play I knew. I just knew. I've seen it before. As long as the injuries stop or are kept at a minimum I don't see a more talented team in the NFC East across the board. The Dallas D is putrid. Washington is a pretender who won last years division by default, for sucking and getting injured less. They are pretenders just like their overrated quarterback and the Eagles are a complete and utter disaster on paper. That said its the Eagles so they will probably win one regardless. But with a rookie QB? Common man we need to smack them.

Man you have no idea how good Sterling really is. I am jacked.

P.S.

Bobby Hart needs to play over that turnstile we have at RT. I won't even say his name he doesn't deserve it. That spot is our one achilles heel right now. I am very impressed with ALL the rookies. Even the undrafted ones like Roger Lewis, Millhouse and Deonte Deayon who is smaller than most guys on this board but very athletic and feisty.

Can't see the Eagles starting Wentz this season, especially behind this tire fire of an offensive line. I think you guys will end up with the division this season, and I'm pulling for you guys because **** the Cowboys and Redskins.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
http://pro32.ap.org/article/giants-kicker-brown-talks-about-domestic-violence-arrest

Giants kept this one quiet through the process, Josh Brown to miss game 1.

Was watching Boomer and Carton this morning and they were discussing this. Apparently his wife called the cops 20 times, finally arrested him, no charges were filed and the whole scenario was dropped within 5 days. He should get a good divorce lawyer and get out of that situation. Best for both of them.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Was watching Boomer and Carton this morning and they were discussing this. Apparently his wife called the cops 20 times, finally arrested him, no charges were filed and the whole scenario was dropped within 5 days. He should get a good divorce lawyer and get out of that situation. Best for both of them.

They are divorced, I believe.

Rumor is this involved her ex and her son (Josh's step son).

This sounds like much ado about nothing and the NFL just suspending him as a token suspension due to dropping the ball on actual issues of violence in the past.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Firing up the fantasy league again for the new season. PM me if you played last year and want to again, or if you're interested in joining.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007

This sounds like much ado about nothing and the NFL just suspending him as a token suspension due to dropping the ball on actual issues of violence in the past.

Okay, thanks for the info.. He should stay the F away from her.

Giants need to fix this line ASAP. I didn't watch much on Saturday, but what I saw....jeez. Needs work.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
Looks like Cruz and Apple will be back at practice this week. I'll believe it when I actually see it with Cruz, but now Darian Thompson is "week to week" with a shoulder issue.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
At this point Cruz is a luxury at best.

OBJ & SS are the starters. Harris is there when we need him. We need one of Lewis, King, or Davis to step up and be the next #3.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Looks like Cruz and Apple will be back at practice this week. I'll believe it when I actually see it with Cruz, but now Darian Thompson is "week to week" with a shoulder issue.

I would just let DT rest. He's the starting FS on this squad without question. Let him rest and learn the schemes.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site

I was wondering if his wife wasn't forthcoming with the NFL about the supposed abuse because of the divorce settlement.

Odds are she'll get a lot less money (assuming it's based on his income) if he is suspended for a long time.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
I was wondering if his wife wasn't forthcoming with the NFL about the supposed abuse because of the divorce settlement.

Odds are she'll get a lot less money (assuming it's based on his income) if he is suspended for a long time.

I've noticed a few articles, basically saying the Giants "silence" over this is "stunning." What are they to do? Cut him? Why? Has he been convicted of a crime? Is he guilty of something? It's a non-story at this point.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I've noticed a few articles, basically saying the Giants "silence" over this is "stunning." What are they to do? Cut him? Why? Has he been convicted of a crime? Is he guilty of something? It's a non-story at this point.

The whole domestic violence thing is an awkward situation that the Nfl and every team doesn't know how to deal with. Everyone complains because the NFL acts as judge, jurry, and executioner; which is wrong. But with a situation like this their never going to get it right. The NY media isn't helping the situation at all, way too much speculation and misinformation driving this train.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I'd be in favor of cutting him if we had evidence (ala Hardy). Even if there wasn't a conviction or trial (ala Rice). We just don't have anything.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Giants O-Line absolutely brutal. Can't establish a run game = no passing game.

Eli setting up Odell to take huge hits twice and I'm not that mad at him for bailing both times. It's preseason :dunno:

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Jets defence has looked great tonight. Their offense has been terribad though... albeit without Brandon Marshall. I'm glad they got their starters out with minimal damage. I view it as a pretty good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad