OT: 2016 Football Thread I: Giants bring back Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I like the McAdoo hiring.

I had him behind McDaniels and Jackson on my list, but he's way better than Smith, Spags, or Marrone.

I like Philbin a lot as OC. A failed head coach to help him on offense.

I am not sure about Spags as DC, but we had so many injuries it's not even funny.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I like the McAdoo hiring.

I had him behind McDaniels and Jackson on my list, but he's way better than Smith, Spags, or Marrone.

I like Philbin a lot as OC. A failed head coach to help him on offense.

I am not sure about Spags as DC, but we had so many injuries it's not even funny.

Seems like McAdoo was a fait accompli from the start. Just glad no Mike Smith.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
At the very least, McAdoo seems to have shown that he can make the offense hum. If the defense has another disastrous year I'm sure they'll look to bring in a more experienced defensive coordinator.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
At the very least, McAdoo seems to have shown that he can make the offense hum. If the defense has another disastrous year I'm sure they'll look to bring in a more experienced defensive coordinator.

more talent on D is more important than a coordinator. coordinators cant turn **** into gold..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like the HC and OC hirings.

I'm not sure I like Spags as DC. He played a very passive defense last year that dropped back a ton.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I like the HC and OC hirings.

I'm not sure I like Spags as DC. He played a very passive defense last year that dropped back a ton.

Wouldn't say he played passive at all. If anything, he was overaggressive for the personnel he had. He blitzed a LOT. We just didn't get anywhere since the pass rushing was so bad.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah maybe I just felt like we weren't blitzing enough because nothing ever happened. Team desperately needs a pass rusher.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Yeah maybe I just felt like we weren't blitzing enough because nothing ever happened. Team desperately needs a pass rusher.

Team needs a handful of pass rushers. Ayers is a FA, Jpp who knows, maybe OO pans out but we don't have much else Selvie and Wynn are nice backups but this team needs to get back to stockpiling pass rushers, that's what made spags so successful. It would have helped the defense immensely if we had a pass rush this season with the lack of talent at safety.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Yeah, they were definitely aggressive. Spags was basically sending a blitz almost every play. They just didn't get there! :laugh:

This is why I'm fine with bringing Spags back. He had arguably the worst personnel in the league to work with, yet he managed to coach up a bad unit and at least get them to be top 3rd in the league in turnover generation, even if that yardage stats were garbage.

He also at least tried to generate pressure through blitzing. Much better than Fewell, who would sit back and let QBs sit in the pocket all day and pick us apart. Spags was firing all the bullets he had. It's not his fault they were all duds.

We need some playmakers on D. If Spags doesn't improve as the defensive roster does, then I would look at bringing someone else in.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Don't like Philbin at all. He showed his true colors in Miami. Anyone decent would have looked good with AR leading your offense. Time will tell.

When Phibin was the OC in Green Bay when McAdoo was an assistant. So this keeps the offense the same.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Not going to love looking at TC on the Eagles sideline this season.

Not going to love that at all.

It's just irritating that the NFC East in general is so incestuous. It always seems like players and coaches jump from one team to another instead of going outside the division. I just don't want to have to listen to the drummed up media circus every single time we face the eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad