OT: 2016 Football Thread I: Giants bring back Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Be more specific? Outside of laying goose eggs trying to kill OBJ, not sure what else he could've done with the way the O-Line was going.

Unless that's what you're talking about, in which case, yeah, wth.

That's exactly what I was talking about. Some of the dumbest garbage in preseason. Why are you trying to get your receivers killed?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Giants are going to have the 32nd ranked run game in the NFL this season.

Might as well just commit to a spread offense with the occasional Vereen draw.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Don't get why they haven't contacted San Francisco about Anthony Davis. He's a perfect fit and is a huge upgrade over Jerry and Newhouse. Those guys just suck ass.

Jerry does not "suck ass". He's not very good with the run, but he's one of the best pass-protecting RGs in the league. The entire interior of the line was fantastic in pass protection last year. Saying he "suck ass" makes it sound like you didn't watch the guy, dude.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
I really cant see the Jets having a good season at all.
Six wins.
The Giants can put up piles of points without trying and if the D is any kind of improved 10 wins should be a give in.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Jerry does not "suck ass". He's not very good with the run, but he's one of the best pass-protecting RGs in the league. The entire interior of the line was fantastic in pass protection last year. Saying he "suck ass" makes it sound like you didn't watch the guy, dude.

Jerry is okay, Newhouse seems to get beat all the time. Pugh being out the past two games didn't help. The coach says the line issues are fixable. I hope so. They are an offensive line away from being a real contender. The defense looks pretty set. Have to say, I wasn't happy with the Apple pick but he's been impressive.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jerry is okay, Newhouse seems to get beat all the time. Pugh being out the past two games didn't help. The coach says the line issues are fixable. I hope so. They are an offensive line away from being a real contender. The defense looks pretty set. Have to say, I wasn't happy with the Apple pick but he's been impressive.

Jerry is definitely more than just "okay", though. He's a solid RG. Good contract, solid player, one of the best pass blockers on the team. I wonder how much Newhouse being a sieve is to blame on his run blocking, even.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
As far as what the Jets will do this year, who knows. They weren't supposed to be good last year either. I know the schedule is tough, but the offense has a chance to be better than last year and the defense should be really good as usual. Special teams, which absolutely killed us last year, has looked like an actual asset in the preseason. I wouldn't be surprised by 6-10 but nor would I be surprised by 10-6.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Jerry is definitely more than just "okay", though. He's a solid RG. Good contract, solid player, one of the best pass blockers on the team. I wonder how much Newhouse being a sieve is to blame on his run blocking, even.

Solid, okay...splitting hairs. I don't have an issue with Jerry. Newhouse is the real issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad