OT: 2016 Football Thread I: Giants bring back Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
giant fans can relax...khloe said they aren't dating, just flirty when drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Sorry if this is off topic, but... I am planning on visiting New York again in late September/early October (Just got back from 2 weeks on Long Island).

The Seahawks (my fav team) are playing the Jets on 10/02. Is it expensive to get tickets? And is it difficult to purchase them? I have no clue how that works in the US...

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Sorry if this is off topic, but... I am planning on visiting New York again in late September/early October (Just got back from 2 weeks on Long Island).

The Seahawks (my fav team) are playing the Jets on 10/02. Is it expensive to get tickets? And is it difficult to purchase them? I have no clue how that works in the US...

You should be able to get seats around face (maybe less since many people still don't get the variable pricing thing) but that varies widely throughout the stadium. Really depends on where you want to sit and how many tickets you want. There are a few jets season ticket holders here (myself included) that can give you a basic rundown but you can see all the gory details here:

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/Marketing/6116-VariablePricingBreakdown.pdf

You'll see the seahawks are a "marquee" game. The first column tells you the face value for marquee games by location. You just need to determine what the best bang for the buck is or if you want to spend the cash and sit in the really good seats and hope you can get a deal.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You should be able to get seats around face (maybe less since many people still don't get the variable pricing thing) but that varies widely throughout the stadium. Really depends on where you want to sit and how many tickets you want. There are a few jets season ticket holders here (myself included) that can give you a basic rundown but you can see all the gory details here:

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/Marketing/6116-VariablePricingBreakdown.pdf

You'll see the seahawks are a "marquee" game. The first column tells you the face value for marquee games by location. You just need to determine what the best bang for the buck is or if you want to spend the cash and sit in the really good seats and hope you can get a deal.

Since I want to go to a Rangers game too, I don't want to have really expensive tickets for the Jets-Seahawks game. I need 2 tickets, so that shouldn't be too difficult, right?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Since I want to go to a Rangers game too, I don't want to have really expensive tickets for the Jets-Seahawks game. I need 2 tickets, so that shouldn't be too difficult, right?

Shouldn't be. How long are you going to be in NYC? Last season's home opener was October 10 and the last preseason game was September 30. You can get preseason games relatively cheap but I don't think the schedule will be announced for at least another week or so.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Shouldn't be. How long are you going to be in NYC? Last season's home opener was October 10 and the last preseason game was September 30. You can get preseason games relatively cheap but I don't think the schedule will be announced for at least another week or so.

I will be staying on Long Island. My GF lives in Rockville Centre.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Damn, I had to dig deep to find this thread...

Perhaps they should've continued not trusting the system, considering the 2-7 finish to the season and all....

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hoping the Giants come out with the energy of the 05-06 Rangers. If healthy they have a lot of good things going on. One Giants who kinda goes under the radar is Brad Wing. Guy was money last year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hoping the Giants come out with the energy of the 05-06 Rangers. If healthy they have a lot of good things going on. One Giants who kinda goes under the radar is Brad Wing. Guy was money last year.

Weston Richburg is forever the Giant who goes under the radar. I think he's starting to get his due a bit, but this is one of the best centers in the league (if not the best).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If we stay really healthy that's possible. But I still worry about the pass rush and that right side of the OL.

I'm not really worried about the pass rush. Apparently it's been impossible to run on our DTs. That alone will open up the pass rush because it will take away the run.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I'm not really worried about the pass rush. Apparently it's been impossible to run on our DTs. That alone will open up the pass rush because it will take away the run.

Between our DTs, Collins being able to play more in the box, and JPP hopefully still being a good run defender on the edge, we should be able to force a lot of third and longs. Hopefully that gives our ball hawks some chances to make plays.

The keys to the defense this season are going to be forcing turnovers and getting red zone stops.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I think the Giants will be stacked if they stay healthy. I also say that almost every year (except the last two) but 99% of the D signings were splendid and the offense is already good.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Anyone remember Victor Cruz?

I think it's almost to the point where you release him. If he's not able to get on the field, there is no point having him around.

I watched the first quarter on Friday night. Defense looked terrific, Dolphins couldn't really do a thing. Once the subs came in, and Nassib being awful, I was tuning out by 9pm.

Speaking of Nassib, very disappointed with his play. Pretty unacceptable.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think it's almost to the point where you release him. If he's not able to get on the field, there is no point having him around.

I watched the first quarter on Friday night. Defense looked terrific, Dolphins couldn't really do a thing. Once the subs came in, and Nassib being awful, I was tuning out by 9pm.

Speaking of Nassib, very disappointed with his play. Pretty unacceptable.

The first team D was excellent. Nassib was awful. Shepard was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad