Pre-Game Talk: 2016 Canucks Development Camp

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I love how Stukel doesn't score as much as JV, or skate as fast, or play the physical game like JV, or have the shot JV has...but from one prospect scrimmage game, some posters are claiming Stukel is the better player.

HF logic at its best.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
stukel looks like a beast, glad to finally have a legitimate pwf prospect in the system

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think it's funny that people who were hating on the Stukel pick because Ty Ronning was on the board, are now saying Stukel is a superior player than Jake Virtanen whom we drafted 6TH OVERALL

Who did that? PM m if neseccary

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Only Benning can find 6th round talent at 6th overall :sarcasm:

Moving on, does anyone know if the Canucks YouTube channel will upload the entire scrimmage?

They did on their facebook page, go get an account it takes like 1 minute.

Btw, here's a scrimmage Mic'd up video from Boeser & Stecher.

It's freaking hilarious:laugh:

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
That part of the vid where Boeser and Julevie were chatting on the bench....It was like one of those foreshadowing later in their careers..neat.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Appreciate the time you took to give your opinion, but a suggestion would be to focus on just a few players rather than the whole team.

Pay attention to skills sets and not outcomes, especially in a setting like this where you have lots of players and its early July.

No offence, but its impossible to give a good accounting of that many players over the course of a short scrimmage.

I'd be curious about the second tier of players rather than the obvious blue chip ones. We've got enough scouting reports on the Boeser's and Demko's from those who have scouted them for a living.

Just a thought.

So where are your notes doing exactly what you're asking for?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Especially in contrast to Stecher, who was very vocal.

Some is personality. But some is age. I think it's easy to forget that Boeser just turned 19. Stecher is 22. Huge difference at that age. Stecher was one of the older ones there and it wouldn't be surprising if he naturally fell into a more vocal leadership role - not that I have any insight into whether he did or not, just that it would make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad