Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
CmVFecpVIAA1obC.jpg

Schedule:
bbjfs.jpg

Players:

wa3i21.jpg

FA Invites:

Forwards: Alexis D'Aoust, Ty Coulter, Luke Burghart, Michael Carcone, Kyle Maksimovich, Andrew Miller, Danny Moynihan, Justin Parizek, Eduard Tralmaks

Defense: Frédéric Aubé, Oliver Galipeau, Jacob Sweeney

Goalies: Rylan Parenteau , Ryan Kubic

Last edited:

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I was planning on going but until Benning is fired I am going out of my way to make sure the Canucks and NHL gets exactly 0 dollars from me. I even cancelled my TV because I don't want to support the Canucks, NHL or Sportsnet until that happens.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Well, hopefully this goes beyter than the last few thjngs I was looking forwards to as a Canucks fan. Hopefully there will be some good online coverage.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
D'Aoust is probably a better prospect than any of the 3 overage guys we actually spent draft picks on.

I would say Stukel is a better prospect. Regardless, teams commonly draft players in certain rounds based on their predicted availability. If the Canucks feel that the overaged guys they drafted would be drafted by some other team but a guy like D'Aoust wouldn't, it makes perfect sense to draft the players they drafted and try to invite D'Aoust to camp.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
It's my understanding that Stukel, McKenzie, Candella and Abols are all fierce forecheckers that have a good understanding of how to play defense (McKenzie seems like a Petit-lite pick, him being the shutdown center on his team).

But by inviting these two guys... It looks like Benning wanted to draft the defensively solid players who now have to focus on their offense this upcoming season and he is inviting some pretty intriguing offense-first prospects in f.e. D'Aoust. Maybe he was hoping Ronning would fall through and then invite him to camp to take a better look?

It's a shame we didn't manage to invite Lazarev. Maybe we may have a chance of inviting Vladimir Kuznetsov? We sure could use a few forwards for the upcoming prospects tournament. Looks quite bare with LaPlante and Cassels possibly being on the top line.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's my understanding that Stukel, McKenzie, Candella and Abols are all fierce forecheckers that have a good understanding of how to play defense (McKenzie seems like a Petit-lite pick, him being the shutdown center on his team).

But by inviting these two guys... It looks like Benning wanted to draft the defensively solid players who now have to focus on their offense this upcoming season and he is inviting some pretty intriguing offense-first prospects in f.e. D'Aoust. Maybe he was hoping Ronning would fall through and then invite him to camp to take a better look?

It's a shame we didn't manage to invite Lazarev. Maybe we may have a chance of inviting Vladimir Kuznetsov? We sure could use a few forwards for the upcoming prospects tournament. Looks quite bare with LaPlante and Cassels possibly being on the top line.

Steckel is very poor defensively. I've seen less of Abols but he's seemed like a solid 3-zone player to me.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'd go but every time I get attached to a prospect they trade him so screw it. Not getting emotionally attached to any more prospects until we have a new stable management team. Shinkaruk and McCann were the last straws.

Dreamboat

Esports Caster
Feb 1, 2009
Victoria
twitter.com
http://vancouvergiants.com/article/kubic-to-attend-canucks-prospects-camp

The Vancouver Giants would like to congratulate goaltender Ryan Kubic on being invited to the Vancouver Canucks’ prospects development camp. The camp runs from July 4th-7th in Shawnigan Lake.

“This opportunity is a great one for Ryan and will really help with his development,†said General Manager Glen Hanlon. “It’s always nice to see our players recognized, especially by our hometown NHL team.â€

Kubic, who hails from St. Andrews, Manitoba, is coming off his rookie season in the WHL. He played in 50 games for the G-Men in 2015/16, posting a 3.31 goals against average to go along with a .898 save percentage.

“It means a lot,†said Kubic of being invited to the camp. “When you see the kind of players who have gone through their camps and the fact that my first NHL camp is in Vancouver, I’m really excited for it.â€

Kubic set the Giants’ franchise record shutout streak when he didn’t allow a goal in over three games of action in late November and early December. The 18-year-old was originally a second round pick of the Giants in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Iceberg Slim

May 9, 2010
Vancouver
So you mean the Canucks are actually utilizing their analytics department? Weird.

Hard to say. Could just as easily be an "eye test" recommendation from one of our Q scouts.

But it would sure be welcome news if we found out this invitation came from Jonathan Wall and the analytics guys (and Benning listened to and acted on their recommendation).

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Any info on Galipeau?He looks interesting(never watched him ofc).

One of those guys who manages to be remarkably unremarkable. Doesn't really stand out for anything. Skates reasonably well, can move the puck a bit. Think sort of...Ashton Sautner of the QMJHL type. Wouldn't have been surprised if he'd been drafted in the late rounds last year, but also wasn't really surprised that he wasn't. That sort of thing.

Like it a lot as an invite. Worth at least keeping an eye on.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Yaasss. Finally a player I like. I'm rooting for Maksimovich. You guys will like him, before the draft, I called him "Ronning East", he plays a very similar game, feisty and not afraid. I've seen games where he out plays DeBrincat. Needs to get stronger but he's driven and skilled.

Will update the OP when I get home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad