League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Second (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Any main board thread about dirty hits will confirm this. You can practically set your watch by the Isles fans that chime in with "how is that hit worth 2 games but Tom Wilson continues to ruin careers and make children cry with EVIL DIRTY MURDER ATTEMPT LIKE THIS??????!!??? [youtube video of a 3 year old hit that didn't result in any discipline]"

Yes. Any thread over there regarding Wilson invariably has Isles fans jumping in by the 5th or 6th post at the latest.

Then you have the Isles fans who somehow want the Rangers to beat the Caps just because of their grudge against Wilson.

Wilson owns prime real estate in the minds of every Islander fan. They are fixated on him in an uncomfortable way

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
After watching the all star game commercial for the 50th time, I can't take it anymore. When will the NHL get a clue on how to market this game? What a pathetic commercial to promote your all star event

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
After watching the all star game commercial for the 50th time, I can't take it anymore. When will the NHL get a clue on how to market this game? What a pathetic commercial to promote your all star event

When? I think I have the answer but it might come off a bit rude.

:wedgie:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

With Patrick Kane? Yeah I want to throw my remote through the TV everytime it's on. :nod:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Check out the Malkin goal... Hornqist "trips" into Ward, Malkin jams it in.

NHL view of it: Hornqist slew footing a player then falling into the goalie is the fault of the player getting slewfooted.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yes. Any thread over there regarding Wilson invariably has Isles fans jumping in by the 5th or 6th post at the latest.

Then you have the Isles fans who somehow want the Rangers to beat the Caps just because of their grudge against Wilson.

Wilson owns prime real estate in the minds of every Islander fan. They are fixated on him in an uncomfortable way

Fans of many teams hate Wilson which is enough reason for me for the Caps to keep him.

Tom Wilson is a dirty player in the same way Ov was a dirty player when he was younger. Hits too hard and sometimes hits when he shouldn't. But ive never seen Wilson do anything that would qualify as dirty out of the Dale Hunter/Ken Linseman book and Horny plays out of that book like he wants his own chapter

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So the Tampa Lightning are the de facto last place team in the eastern conference. They technically are 1pt up on the Isles, but the Isles have FOUR games in hand.

Who would have thunk it?

They are in a weird spot too. Do they get rid of Bishop? Boyle? Callahan? They have to think they are a healthy Stamkos away, but that is a tough gamble for next year.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Just watched the Blues-Jets highlights. Sure St. Louis needs goaltending but man oh man is that not their only problem. Copley had virtually no chance on most of those goals. Blues are just a mess right now. Such a shame after they came so close last season.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
everytime we whine about the Caps not getting but marginally improved on a Presidents Trophy team we can look at the Lightning and hope for that.

Also, yes. The Lightning have a lot of injuries. Their roster is full of small players that wont hold up over the years and injury prone players that are breaking down.

The Caps health is a matter of team make up. Luck plays into it only so far as avoiding the freak accident. Even with that Neuvirth tripped coming onto the ice and missed 3 weeks. Varly is always missing games with a groin injury. Holtby is a horse.

This might also be a reason why the Caps don't want Hanzal among other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad