League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Second (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
The trauma of getting dominated by us is too much for formerly great teams like Columbus, Montreal and Pittsburgh it seems.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Maybe Pittsburgh's recent struggles will cause their front office to panic and make a stupid trade.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Mike Sullivan ejected. Pitt loses 4-1 to Ottawa.
I figured that would have happened in the first half so pretty damn close.

Oh boy, was this idiot screaming across the ice? The opposite side ref blows the play dead to come over and give him the boot!

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
CBJ down by 2
PIT down by 2

sweet :)

not that it will amount to much due to the Metro, but Carolina is having a pretty decent season - don't hate them and sorta feel a bit sorry for them

Edit : Pens board is very entertaining right now for a read

Underpants2

Mar 18, 2013
Boulder, CO
and the flyers ices the cake :handclap:

Flyers will be desperate tomorrow, same for the Pens Momday. Should be two really good tests for this team.

Canes look like they will pass Philly. Tomorrow should be fun. The 9th one will tough. The 10th would be even tougher. Then, on to St. Louis.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Flyers suck. They should be pretty nasty in a few years but they're in a weird limbo period right now where they're too talented to really stink but they have way too many holes to contend. I really hope they're buyers at the deadline.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
If you look at the standigs, the first place in the conference, might be (also) a good option. As good as WC1.

Playing against a "weak" WC2 (and try to win in 4-5) and then hope a game 7 between metro2 and metro3. And you have the home ice advantage for both rounds.

So, I'll rank the options like that.
1-2. 1st conference or WC1
3. 2nd metro
4. 3rd metro

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Seems like Andrew Shaw wanted another vacation. Brutal late and high hit on unsuspecting player. He should sit a long time for that.

How are the Anaheim Ducks in first place when Cory Perry has only 8 goals and Getlaf has 5?

Pacific division is absolutely brutal.

Honestly it might be harder to finish 4th in the Metro than winning that division.

Last edited:

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Meanwhile, Boudreau somehow has the Wild leading the West in goals for - that was a team I typically would refuse to watch because of their whole play not to give up a goal thing. This is now the third team that Bruce has taken over and just completely unleashed its offense - it's pretty impressive

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Meanwhile, Boudreau somehow has the Wild leading the West in goals for - that was a team I typically would refuse to watch because of their whole play not to give up a goal thing. This is now the third team that Bruce has taken over and just completely unleashed its offense - it's pretty impressive

Somehow? Dude is an excellent coach, that's how.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Made a bet of Wild winning the Central division in the regular season the second i heard they had hired Boudreau. This isn't surprising.

I don't think they'll go deep in the Playoffs, though.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I swear Pierre lights fire under players with his rude-ass statements and questions right to their face. First it was Ovie and now he did it to Kane talking about "You guys got your teeth kicked in by the Caps." What a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->