League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Second (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underpants2

Mar 18, 2013
Boulder, CO
Tomorrow night will be an enormous test. The Pens have lost three straight, coming back home after an embarrassing weekend. We should get their best game.

Ten in a row would be quite a feat. Especially when you consider who we are beating, and how badly we are beating them.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I feel like the isles just got worse. Weight shouldn't be a head coach when he was horrible with the isles pp

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I feel like the isles just got worse. Weight shouldn't be a head coach when he was horrible with the isles pp

He's probably just the interim coach. Either way, the Islanders should tank at this point so even if he's worse than Capuano does it really matter?

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Hate to lose a guy that looks like Fred Flintstone - very hard to take him seriously, but anything or anyone that evokes Pebbles and Bam Bam is a net good for the world.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hate to lose a guy that looks like Fred Flintstone - very hard to take him seriously, but anything or anyone that evokes Pebbles and Bam Bam is a net good for the world.

:handclap:

I was going to post something Flintstonish but you stole my thunder.

Dave Langevin! He should go seek him out.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

yet somehow wilson gets more negative heat then krieder??

Yes, because the caps coaching/management has done an absolutely **** PR job standing up for him. Even though it's unwarranted his reputation is starting to hurt the team the way Wideman's is hurting Calgary.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Watching the leafs/Sabres game. Sabres get a goal on what seems one of the clearest goalie interference calls I've seen. Review and they uphold the goal. I honestly don't know what the NHL is looking for :help:

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009

yet somehow wilson gets more negative heat then krieder??

If Eakin got 4 games should't Krieder get at least one for this? That is as close as you can get to clear intent.

Watching the leafs/Sabres game. Sabres get a goal on what seems one of the clearest goalie interference calls I've seen. Review and they uphold the goal. I honestly don't know what the NHL is looking for :help:
Did you see the goal against Price where a Ranger literally drags him out by the pads and counts? That was within the past couple days too. The League/Refs have completely lost their mind the past week or so.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Please... pleeeeaaassse make the Scott Gomez experiment end. Good lord. :baghead:

I thought I was the only one who felt this way...glad to see I'm not alone. I have to turn the channel when he comes on.

Maybe he will get better over time since its new to him. (Brent Johnson for instance was brutal at first on the Caps post game but now he is actually good IMO)

I've heard nothing but great things about Gomez as a teammate and locker room guy but man he is NOT a natural on TV!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
To me, he's starting to look a little like Brodeur when he started his descent (and Marty played for like another 5 years when that started) - just a bit slower side-to-side and a hair longer to get square to shots. The thing with Brodeur was that he seemed to be in denial that his game was deteriorating, and that was aided and abetted by all the hosannas he got from the media. Same thing could happen with Lundy - his game starts to break down but the Rangers and Lundquist put off reconciling with that because everyone just keeps talking about how great he is.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Still find hilarious that Islanders fans keep trashing on how bad of a hockey player Tom Wilson is. He has 3 points less than their godly signing Andrew Ladd.

That contract is going to be so bad in the future.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Still find hilarious that Islanders fans keep trashing on how bad of a hockey player Tom Wilson is. He has 3 points less than their godly signing Andrew Ladd.

That contract is going to be so bad in the future.

They are mad about Wilson. They are mad about Dale Hunter to this day even.

They conveniently forget the horrible karma they received when Potvin broke Gustafsson's leg.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They are mad about Wilson. They are mad about Dale Hunter to this day even.

They conveniently forget the horrible karma they received when Potvin broke Gustafsson's leg.

Any main board thread about dirty hits will confirm this. You can practically set your watch by the Isles fans that chime in with "how is that hit worth 2 games but Tom Wilson continues to ruin careers and make children cry with EVIL DIRTY MURDER ATTEMPT LIKE THIS??????!!??? [youtube video of a 3 year old hit that didn't result in any discipline]"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad