2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Fourth (News n' Scores n' Stuff) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
While Vegas' goalie and defense hoarding is beyond bizarre, this situation was ****ed up by James Neal's wrist being ready to play. Waiving Pickard gave them the space to recall Shipachyov, but then James Neal was cleared by the doctors and activated from Injured Reserve to occupy the 23rd roster spot.
Then Neal scores the first two goals in Vegas history for the win. :)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I watched some of the Bruins/Preds game during the Caps intermissions. I like the young players Boston has implemented in their lineup.

I like Charlie McAvoy. He is literally the perfect player for how this league is right now.

As to Vegas win, that was awesome. Always liked MAF and glad to see him play like that. People think he is some old man, but he is only 33, which isn't old at all for goalies. With that defense he is going to need to be great every night.

Not sure what the game plan is for Schmidt in Vegas but he had the lowest ice time among their D and only 7:04 of even strength ice, two minutes less than Colin Miller, whoever he is.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I will not name names but apparently a Flyer player called out an HF user on twitter. :laugh:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I will not name names but apparently a Flyer player called out an HF user on twitter. :laugh:

The best part about that is that based on the timespan between their post-game thread and his tweet, it appears that one of the first things he does when he gets back to his hotel is to check HFBoards to see what people have to say...

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Schmidt with the late game-tying goal and then, for second night in a row, an assist on game-winner by Neal.

Letting schmidt get away was truly a screw-up by GMBM. Whatever we had to do - whether buying out orpik or exposing MoJo to expansion draft, whatever it was - we really should have kept 88. Very good player, and affordable.

It will be bittersweet to watch his career unfold elsewhere.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Didn't watch it, but apparently Johansson had 4PIM in his first game as Devil. For reference, he had only 10PIM all of last season.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So now Shipachyov who missed the first two games of the season because he was sent down to the AHL is reportedly trying to get out of his NHL contract to return to the KHL.

McPhee is the worst. He is cancer for any NHL franchise.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
So now Shipachyov who missed the first two games of the season because he was sent down to the AHL is reportedly trying to get out of his NHL contract to return to the KHL.

McPhee is the worst. He is cancer for any NHL franchise.
Has that source actually broken news before? His twitter profile literally says "please hire me," so I'm skeptical. And even his follow up tweets backpedal off of that statement somewhat ("set a time frame if not in NHL").

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Has that source actually broken news before? His twitter profile literally says "please hire me," so I'm skeptical. And even his follow up tweets backpedal off of that statement somewhat ("set a time frame if not in NHL").

Good point, I haven't checked the source. It wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.

He’s one of the better English speaking sources for KHL stuff.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well time to make an early season bet on the Devils to win the Cup, then

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just getting caught up on the GMGM fiasco. Didn't he also once try to claim a guy who was done for the year?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Just getting caught up on the GMGM fiasco. Didn't he also once try to claim a guy who was done for the year?

Very un-GMGM-like. Bizarre. These are laughable mistakes. Makes me wonder if GMBM didn’t do all the detail work behind the scenes...

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Vegas with a record. 3-0-0 for an expansion team.

Few months ago, I thought Vegas would beat Caps first year "records":laugh:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The past two Vegas games Nate Schmidt has led the team in ice time and of course is their leading possession D so far.

I cannot overstate what a colossal blunder this is likely going to end up being for Washington, especially given their current third pair is pretty much unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad