2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Fourth (News n' Scores n' Stuff) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Also Marcus Johansson is again a healthy scratch for Devils. Apparently he isn't doing well in that system
"Again a healthy scratch" Huh?
Johansson has played in all of the Devils game so far this season. He hasn't been scratched, and he was skating on their second line this morning. He did get benched in the 2nd period of their game on Saturday (only 4:48 of TOI), but had 19:22 TOI in their next game.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ahhh the beneficiaries of presidents teams, and the worlds greatest PPs come crashing back to reality when they leave town

#RidingOvisCoattail

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
LAich just signed 2-way deall with kings. May see some actual ice time with kings in short term, due to injury to carter.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Why are we trashing Mojo? He has 2 g, 2 a in 6 games. That’s not very noteworthy either good or bad.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Johansson is not only playing, but currently 2nd among all NJ forwards in ice time tonight. The accusation that he was scratched is beyond bizarre.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Just saw this on RDS. Teams that was in the playoff picture last year on November 1st vs teams that finally made the playoffs.

13/16 were already in the picture. Only Columbus, Toronto and Nashville qualified to the postseason being outside the picture on Nov 1st.

nhl.png

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The day to press the panic button is Thanksgiving. Statistically, =~90% of the teams that are in a playoff spot by Thanksgiving will make the playoffs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Johansson is not only playing, but currently 2nd among all NJ forwards in ice time tonight. The accusation that he was scratched is beyond bizarre.

Is it really? Is it really an "accusation", as though he's being charged publicly with a crime? Is it really "bizarre" to get bad information about line ups, and to go a step further into "beyond" that level of madness?

I ask you, is this something you will ever forgive? Will Mojo? :(

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
MoJo was benched in the Rangers game after making a stupid blind drop pass in the D zone but played 19 min the next night. He looks a little lost/lazy sometimes but is still producing and his controlled entries have been big for the offense.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Is it really? Is it really an "accusation", as though he's being charged publicly with a crime? Is it really "bizarre" to get bad information about line ups, and to go a step further into "beyond" that level of madness?

I ask you, is this something you will ever forgive? Will Mojo? :(
You can try to lampoon it all you want, but there was never a source given for Johansson being scratched, nor could I find one that indicated that. It just seemed like a weird way to deride a player, when it was so easily verified to be false. Doubly so with the "again a healthy scratch" verbiage, implying that he had been scratched before (he hadn't).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You can try to lampoon it all you want, but there was never a source given for Johansson being scratched, nor could I find one that indicated that. It just seemed like a weird way to deride a player, when it was so easily verified to be false. Doubly so with the "again a healthy scratch" verbiage, implying that he had been scratched before (he hadn't).

I understand what happened. I looked for a source, too. I even read some NJ twitter blog crap about him being benched and his recent struggles to adjust to their system, as he says, but didn't post it because why pile on to Mojo right now? He could just as easily light it up in a few games or weeks.

Point: it seems like a simple mistake. No need to go nuclear and attack the guy like he's leveling murder charges about a player you like (besides, everyone knows the Player Most Likely To Murder Someone On The Ice is really Tom Wilson....)

As I said before, former Cap/whipping boy practically guarantees NJ win the Cup this year. Place bets now. lol

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I understand what happened. I looked for a source, too. I even read some NJ twitter blog crap about him being benched and his recent struggles to adjust to their system, as he says, but didn't post it because why pile on to Mojo right now? He could just as easily light it up in a few games or weeks.

Point: it seems like a simple mistake. No need to go nuclear and attack the guy like he's leveling murder charges about a player you like (besides, everyone knows the Player Most Likely To Murder Someone On The Ice is really Tom Wilson....)

As I said before, former Cap/whipping boy practically guarantees NJ win the Cup this year. Place bets now. lol

Playing Devil's Advocate here, isn't that the reason sources are required when posting information like that? Especially coming from a Mod?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Playing Devil's Advocate here, isn't that the reason sources are required when posting information like that? Especially coming from a Mod?

Kind of. We would like to see sources for anything controversial, but usually that's about damage control against negative, libelous rumors rather than simple things like line ups or line tweaks being reported incorrectly. Especially for players not even on the team, or something that can be easily researched, or is commonly known.

Here's the rule... I should know it pretty well because I wrote it:

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Do we think hockeykicker, a moderator here with a sterling reputation for shooting straight and following many NHL sources, simply made this up in order to defame Mojo or troll the board?

Sourcing errors may just be oversights or people on the internet getting things wrong. Just try to get it right and cite sources especially for big or local news, and do not seek to deceive. But overall we're not looking for a footnoted research paper every time you post. If someone asks for a source to something that should contain one, please provide it (that goes for all, including mods).

In this case, Kicker usually sources everything and/or goes directly by all the tweets he receives. I'm not sure why this one was left out--it's possible he was on the move. I didn't have a lot of time to search for the source myself. I would also like to know where that info came from and if the source for this info turns out to be bad we will make note of it in the future.

If you think a post isn't sourced and it should be then the right thing to do is ASK about the source or, if you think it violates the rule, report the post.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
MoJo was benched in the Rangers game after making a stupid blind drop pass in the D zone but played 19 min the next night. He looks a little lost/lazy sometimes but is still producing and his controlled entries have been big for the offense.

That's a Mojo classic, get used to it. The Mojo special is him doing that on the PP and the other team clearing the puck immediately.

Reactions: calicapsfan

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
This hit got 2 minutes:

This hit got 5+GM:

Please for the love of god fire these refs and anyone in the league office that deals with them.

Edit* Figuring out the media format and why can't I delete the random image tag at the end?
bWkGQLmnTM

Last edited:

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I'm not even trying to get into the whole Wilson mess. How does a repeat offender just blindly blast someone into the boards and only get 2 minutes. Then a long time clean player gets blasted for a lesser hit. Gudbranson shouldn't have made that hit, but the Bruins player turned and made 100% sure his face is getting plastered to the glass. Sounds like Gudbranson is probably getting a game too. I'm not seeing any mention of Kassian even getting a hearing yet.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Gudbranson is a Grade-A dirtbag. He's not clean at all and that hit was incredibly dirty.

Not going to defend the Kassian hit either. He should be suspended too.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Gudbranson is a Grade-A dirtbag. He's not clean at all and that hit was incredibly dirty.
He's an angel compared to Kassian. Also avoiding the obvious discrepancy in similar plays. I would say Kassian's is worse because the other player never saw him coming. Bruins' player sees Gudbranson coming and spins to completely face the glass. Still a dumb hit, but the Bruins' player actively makes the hit worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad